Hummer 3MCP Spotlight

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen these on sale at a hardware store, I figured for $20 I couldn't go wrong.
It has dual 100w bulbs and an area utility light. I just went to dig it out of my truck to find a website for reference and it is actually a GM endorsed product, I'll probally never use it but it looks very cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very skeptical about spotlights, their billion-candlepower and ridiculous bulb wattage ratings.

I have a several-of-the-usual-million-CP spotlight that shipped to me and got beat by my Surefire P91 (on R123s too) first day it got home. DMM confirmed it was pulling 20 watts. That spot needed a LOT of help, a lot of TLC, and some expert assistance to get fixed.

They claimed it was 12V 100W, and on the base of the H3 bulb it even said 150W. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Anyway, after I completely rebuilt the internals and exchanged the battery, that spotlight finally realized its destiny - with a TRUE 100W Osram monster bulb installed up front. And DAAAAAAMNNNNNN it is scary bright!!

I am planning to organize an egg frying session with the spotlight this weekend. Think I'll make it an over easy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: you may usually be able to address the problem by finding out what bulb the spotlight uses then going out and buying an auto bulb of REPUTABLE make (Philips/Osram come to mind) and installing it. The first upgrade I made before turning my spot into its 100W incarnation right now was to exchange the H3 bulb for a Philips 1600 lumen H3/55W, ahh what a relief. Great bulb (definitely, compared to the stock bulb).

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, They say that the Thor is 10 miilion cp,
but it is no brighter than my Jaycar 3 miilion cp spotlight,
they both use the same phillps H4 bulbs and throw the same

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
Hmm... anything like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is it, yes! Except mine is black. Thank you Idle for saving me from having to take this apart, yet. I would never have found your detailed review due to the different name.
It just woke up from it's 12 hour charge and I am impressed. I have a few spotlights and this one seems to produce the most useable light, even cleaner than my modded thor, but nowhere near the throw.
I'll probally seperate this one from my collection and put it to work with my job, just because it was so cheap. I am going to go get another one today for my Sister and brother in law, they just picked up a boat and this would make a nice boat warming gift. (I bought them an Eternalight Derringer, but can't seem to part with it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)