G2 question

onthemove

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I'm deffiantely a noob to the flashlight world with the purchase of my G2!

With that said, I'm already looking to mod it! I checked out the surefire site and couldn't find it, but what I'm looking for is a button switch instead of the rotate type of switch.

I'm also wondering if there are rechargable batteries available for the G2 that won't cost me an arm and a leg like the rechargable system offered by Surefire?

Thanks for putting up with my noob guestions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF onthemove!

There are no Nitrolon ("polymer") Clickie TailCaps.
But, you can use the Z59 for example...
Al-swts.jpg

Enjoy your time here on CPF!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

onthemove

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Size15's!

I'll be looking into the Z59 for sure! Is that a direct screw on? Will I need to add an extra battery with that?

Checking out surefire's site, the closest accessory look like the Z61?? Will that work?

litho123

Enlightened
onthemove -
Welcome to CPF!

One thing you'll find buried here is all sorts of ideas, tips, tricks, etc. to mod all sorts of lights.

Referencing your Q:

There are two types of mods that you can do to your G2 switch...
1 - Gut a Garrity light that has the push-button in the tailcap (they're being discontinued - Meijers, Safeway grocery, etc still have them for $9.99).
2 - The other mod is for the Kroll clickie which is posted HERE.

If you do a Garrity search november 2003-ish you'll find info on the Garrity mod.

I've got the Garrity clickie in my G2 along with a 3W drop-in module from Bug-Out-Gear which makes this one of my most used lights. This also runs off a rechargable 168s Pila battery.

All-in-all, I hope you have a good time on this forum.
Look forward to seeing you around!

Greg

Topper

Flashaholic*
Or you might want to "Mod" your G2 tailcap to be a clickie.
There are at least 2 threads out there to show you how. I would link to them but I am too dumb, I was not too dumb to modify one (or 2) of my G2's by reading those threads. Hopefully some kind soul will pull them up and link it for you if not its time to figure out the search function. I have the Z48,Z59 and a couple Z58's they work just fine but if you wanted to keep it all Nitrolon then modifing the tail cap is not a bad idea at all. Oops, Welcome to CPF.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
Geez I type sooo slooow I was already beat to the answers.
I love this place, lots of helpful folks here.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

onthemove

Newly Enlightened
ok, so I search the net trying to find a Kroll Switch and couldn't find a damn one... I checked radioshitshack and didn't find anything there. Any ideas? Thx!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey onthemove,

Now your hooked. You bought a high performance light and found this place. Always remember what Milton wrote, "Abandone all hope ye who enter here..."

Why in the world would you want to mod a perfectly good "BACKUP" light? HA-HA. Start selling your blood, you'll need the money.

Kelmo

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
onthemove said:
ok, so I search the net trying to find a Kroll Switch and couldn't find a damn one... I checked radioshitshack and didn't find anything there. Any ideas? Thx!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sandwich Shoppe has the Kroll switch.

onthemove

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the links and advice!

But the extra loot it going to my XD 9mm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is the cap a ***** to get out cause I don't wanna break it after having it 3 days LOL

I took the G2 out lastnight when my fiance and I took the neighbors kids to ice cream... walked 2 miles of tracks and the kids couldn't believe how bright it was!