I need advice on a promotional flashlight

straightblast

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of putting my coporate logo / phone on a product to give to clients. Not mass mailing, but give to clients, friends, people who refer clients, etc. Since I am a flashlight nut, thought hey, why not start there. I know it will cost more than your average pens / cups / whatever, but hope it will be appreciated and used.

What I need to know is 1) what do you think? 2) what is the best flashlight product for the money...say under $15-$20'ish, and 3) does anyone here do engraving work or have you dealt with anyone who does reliable work?

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Bruce

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec has such a program for private labeling. I think that they will do this with any of their lights. I have no idea what prices or minimums might be. They do make a number of small lights that should be in your price range.
You might look at The PT Blast a 2AAA light that sells for under $10 and is a good size for logo and print.

With PT you would be handing your friends and clients a quality flashlight.

Otherwise, dozens of promotion and swag companies will print up some lights, but the quality varies from low to junk.

Mark

flashlite

Enlightened
The company I slave for was giving away mini mags with our logo on them. There's still a ton of them in the basement that they never got rid of. It's a modder's heaven down there.

greenLED

Flashaholic
wmirag beat me to it. Engraved Minimags run aroun $14 and up, depending on where you order and how many.

flashlite, any chance of fishing some for fellow CPF'ers? I mean, I could be a customer of your company /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
If the quality of a LedLenser is ok for you ... Zweibrueder offers engraving on their lights ... and they have another option ... a logo in the beam itself

The light is the "Logo Lenser" and is a V1 Zoom Lenser where your logo displays in the "moon beam" and disappears in the "spot beam"

Here's the Bacardi Logo as an example:

LogoLenser.jpg

LogoLenserBat.jpg

Logovs.jpg

bernie

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I second the vote for a PALite at the site posted above! I think you could get them for a good price and the light would "stand out" certainly as unique!

With the "always on" feature and long battery life - it's a winner!

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd vote for the photon light. Its the most likely to get used and the logos look pretty good on them. And price is apt to be very reasonable.

Mark

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen it done on a Mag solitaire copy, for less than 5 bucks a shot, there are some sites offering these deals

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a "third" recommending a Palight. I got some done for my company and they have been well received. I had them put together a kit with the neck lanyard, white cone, and the light. Then they put the logo in place of their own on the side of the light. The box was nicer than a blister pack IMO and had little cut outs for all the items. It was also convenient that our company colors are black and white so I just got the black lights.

I posted a while back about the Safe-Lights which are a newer/different version of the Palight here. The only problem I've seen with the Palight is that some people have a little trouble getting into it to replace the battery but I show them a trick to get in and everything is fine.

Good luck on your search.
-LT

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bruce,

There are a lot of good suggestions here.

Two years ago, I did something similar. My target group were men and women involved in management, operations, and maintenance. I had noticed that many of these people used the 2 AA Mini Mag, and I decided to treat them to an upgrade. I got the BB400 sandwich from the Shoppe and picked up a bunch of Mini Mags at a deeply discounted sale price at Wal Mart.

My local engraving shop did the laser engraving, but had some difficulty. It seems the finish on the Mag lights varies from light to light. Some of the engraving was not as sharp and did not stand out as well as others. I thought they all were good enough to get the message across, but the shop owner was not pleased and gave it to me for free. In the end, I ended up giving him a couple of lights for his efforts.

The lights were well received, but I am sad to say that after two years, only a handful of them are in every day use. Most ended up in the desk drawer or on a shelf. The ones that are in every day use are greatly appreciated and those people have commented on the vast improvement in beam quality and durability.

The project was expensive and time consuming, but overall I am very pleased with the results.

Tom

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Most ended up in the desk drawer or on a shelf."

That's why I like the Palights for this. They are useful without any intervention, they are always glowing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-LT

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bruce-

A number of great suggestions here. If I try to look at this as a non-flashaholic (tough), I think I would appreciate, use and keep a nice flashlight. By now I am numb to pens, coffee mugs, letter openers, memo pads etc.

I would like the Minimag, but it might not end up being with or near me all the time. Palight is a really good option-different and maybe the best format for applying you graphic. But again most people are not going to carry it.

However, if you handed me a Photon Freedom, I know exactly where it would go. On my keychain where mine is now. I would be reminded of your gift and your company several times every day and even more when I used it to navigate those dark stairs or approach my car or front door and light up the lock.

Mark