The Redneck Flashlight....

FlashlightMuseum

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so a co-worker and I had some extra time this afternoon and we decided to make a flashlight. We were able to scrounge through some parts in the warehouse and *voila*, here is the Redneck flashlight!

Materials:
-PVC pipe for the body
-Standard wire for connecting contact points
-Washers to help establish contact to batteries and light bulb
-Wall light switch for on/off button
-#14 miniature bulb for the light
-Cardboard for frame of reflector
-Inside of a potato chip bag for the inside of the reflector
-Black electrical tape to give it stylish flare
-And of course, LOTS of duct tape to keep it from falling apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

redneck_light1.jpg

redneck_light2.jpg

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you going to post a review on your site? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashlightMuseum,

I love your site. I just used it a couple months ago to clear up some questions a friend of mine had about Titanic era flashlights. Thank you very much.

As far as the Redneck Flashlight goes...I thought projects like that were more like what bored 'Sotans did in the winter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again for the really great site.

Sub

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
This light and the squash light should compete for best all around redneck light.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nemul said:
what kinda batteries?

[/ QUOTE ]

A real redneck would only use the old red Duracell batteries where it said "MERCURY" with big letters and _no_ 0% in front of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I would think it used the old huge 1.5v screw top terminal batteries they used to use in chemistry labs and ancient radios.

Shultze

Newly Enlightened
It should run on like a potato or something.

Anyhow, this lamp of yours are truly post apocalyptic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

FlashlightMuseum

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sub_Umbra said:
FlashlightMuseum,

I love your site. I just used it a couple months ago to clear up some questions a friend of mine had about Titanic era flashlights. Thank you very much.

As far as the Redneck Flashlight goes...I thought projects like that were more like what bored 'Sotans did in the winter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again for the really great site.

Sub

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments! We get emails every day with questions like that. It's a lot of fun to help people out.

I think stuff like this (the Redneck light) is just what bored 'Sotans DO - period... regardless of the season. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We used some newer Duracell D cells... wish I would have thought of using some older ones. We have some "ancient" Eveready ones, coated in acid.

Does anyone know if the "squash" light was featured here in the past?

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
What no can holder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif What were you thinking no self respecting Redneck would be caught dead with out a place to hang a beer or two at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Later
Kelly

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweeeeeeeet. Now that's ghetto heaven, FLM. Perhaps the next version might have the venerable 6V lantern battery as its power source.

I love it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wilkey

FlashlightMuseum

Newly Enlightened
You asked for a beamshot, so here is your beamshot... not very focused, and a bit prismatic (due to the crumpled chip bag reflector), but still pretty bright... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

redneck_light3.jpg

redneck_light4.jpg