Minimag AA Mods

Shultze

Newly Enlightened
Ok! Im new to both this board and pretty much to flashlights in general aswell. I am also new to modding flashlights. Now, I got myself some Surefirepower so I don't need my old Minimags anymore. Got myself a G2 Nitrolon and will of course dive in to the ocean of alu/titantorches aswell. Anyway, I am now looking for cool things to do with my Minimags (have two of them). Found a link on this board to a page with a bunch of customprojects and figured that at least one of my Mags will be fitted with a new Aleph 2 head. But, I would like directions to what stuff I can fit into a Minimag and what I could do with them, more to make them fun rather than make them the bomb! Is there a tail cap assembly with switch for them for example? Where can I get stuff to fit the Minimag etc. Wich lamps/bulbs/leds should/could i USE and so on.

Thanks.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

- Shultze

Shultze

Newly Enlightened
News update: After like an hour by the computer, I've found out that Ram Instruments are making tail cap switches for the Mini Maglite AA. Now I'm just going to find out what lamp I should use. Thinking of fitting the Minimag with Aleph 2 head kit as I wrote before, and I guess that reflector is better than the standard minimag one. Feedback?

Shultze

Newly Enlightened
S**t I missed that one, lot's of fun. Thanks alot .308! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Actually form what I've read, the RAM switch is a P.O.S. You should go with the Kroll switch. Kroll Link

You can even get a 'sandwich' while you're there for your minimag. They are LED modules that can be used with 2AA batteries. They really make a huge improvement in the minimag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif LED Sandwiches

You can also buy a new reflector from ther that will fit your minimag, the 17mm reflector.

Shultze

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, been thinking about those Sandwiches. Don't know really though, it started out like this small project and all but maybe. Been thinking of terralux tle5, but that maybe is just a sandwichtype? regarding the krollswitches i've already decided to go along with one of those instead of the RAM.
Figured i'll get a bunch and have if someone around here should wanna mod their minimag in the same way.

there is a reflector in the Aleph 2 head kit, anyone know if this is good or if i should get myself another one to fit in the aleph head?

so, basically im now looking for people who have those parts. already got contact with a guy who had some krollswitches, he also agreed to cooperate with others and send all the components in one package.

- Shultze

Shultze

Newly Enlightened
Ok folks. Since there seems to be no moderators here and people are sending me private messages about this beeing a family forum, I've now fixed the profanity. Sorry again guys, never been to a board where this is prohibited. Now i know.