do u watch what ya eat?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont at all i mean if it taste good i eat it.i dont wanna live to 80 ig i cant eat good stuff.so give me anchovies .pizza hamburgers driping in fat.a big juicy steak eggs cooked in real butter so do u watch what ya eat.?

Bradlee

Enlightened
That's quite the 'diet' raggie! I am a student and only eat out one or two times a week, both for health and financial reasons. I definately don't feel bad after eating a yummy burger or pizza, though.

-BRad

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, yes I do...
snnk... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif ok it's impossible to say that with a straight face... Let's reword that:
Yes, I try to, most of the time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif ...ok fine, sometimes.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bradlee, I sure hope you eat more than 2 times a week! For healths sake!! 2 times a day I could understand... but..!!

I need to watch what I eat, right now it's kind of hard until I have my own place to stay. Then I could cook my own meals with real food!!

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Yes, I eat in front of a mirror. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I don't really watch what I eat now. I probably will have too when I get older though.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I watch what I eat, probably a little too obsessively. I'm a vegetarian and I also avoid fats wherever I can. It makes for a dull regimen in most people's eyes but it works for me.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Yes, but only because I want to see what I am putting in my mouth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
some people are so clumsy they have to watch what they eat or they would end up sticking food in their ear.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Thank you so much for pointing that out; my post was subtle
(not wanting everybody to know if it is dark Topper might stick a fork in his ear or nose or eye)Oh well the truth will win out when its all said and done. Jokes aside I wear saftey glasses with side sheilds all the time so just my nose and ears are ever in danger.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sadly - I'm probably eating myself to a slow -but HAPPY- suicide! I hope not, but yes I do enjoy what I eat and actually need to "be a little more careful" as far as "when and what I eat"!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
so do u watch what ya eat.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very carefully. Observing a well prepared dish prior to scarfing it down is half the eating experience /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just the other day a friend and I were conducting a visual inspection of a gourmet pizza, and we agreed the idea is not to dig in immediately, but rather savor the look, feel and smell of the thing.....THEN dig in.

It's kinda like wine, you take your E2W Winelight out, check out the wine, then pour it .. actually I don't know much about wine, but you get the idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
Watch what I eat? I would never eat anything without taking a good look at it first. In fact, whenever I hear someone ask the question, regardless of context, "what is that?" my default reply is, "if you don't know, don't eat it."

I figure my body will tell me what it needs at any given time. If my body tells me what I need is a big bowl of ice cream, who am I to argue? If it tells me what I need is a big salad, that's what I'd eat, though I should add that this has never actually happened.

I understand there to be three food groups: Plant, Animal, and Other. My body mostly prefers foods from the Animal and Other categories, though I do eat salsa, which is a Plant.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MedusaOblongata said:
Watch what I eat? I would never eat anything without taking a good look at it first. In fact, whenever I hear someone ask the question, regardless of context, "what is that?" my default reply is, "if you don't know, don't eat it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Reminds me of the time I had lunch with some guy who enthusiastically dived into the deep fried pig's guts before going "OMG THIS IS FOUL, what the heck is it?".. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I admit we should have warned him but we didn't even have that much time to ask him "you sure you know what you're eating?"

And even I will agree that the pig guts were bit 'strong' that day, maybe the cook didn't wash them throughly before serving. But it does help to look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Of course! I don't remember the last time I ate with my eyes closed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif pulling your leg, raggie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
*eats some more pizza with chips and ham topping*

Who's doin the what now?

neg

P.S. Above message is a joke.

kaseri

Enlightened
Now this is something I know all too well. I constantly have to watch what I eat. I do this because I must make sure that I keep my weight down to be able to box in my weight class. So I only "indulge" once a year on my birthday. That indulgence consists of a small piece of cake & thats it. No Ice cream or anything else. The rest of the year I count my calories & my carb intake as well as my protein intake. I spend 6 days a week training, I work a full time job, play in a band & always find quality time to spend with the wife.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Sadly - I'm probably eating myself to a slow -but HAPPY- suicide! I hope not, but yes I do enjoy what I eat and actually need to "be a little more careful" as far as "when and what I eat"!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to watch it carefully. I injured my back 5-6 years ago and gained 20-30 pounds and lost most of my motivation to do so. I can now tell you that's a very dangerous thing to do.

Wednesday I took a ride to the hospital via the rescue squad and Thursday AM I had a heart cath that revealed two blocked arteries - one was 99% and the other was 80%. Now I've got four stints (two for each blockage) and I'm going nuts trying to figure out what I can eat. I've spent about 6 hours the past two days in 3 different food stores picking up different foods and reading the labels - most of which I had to put back.

I ate the vast majority of my meals out and that'll now turn around to rarely eating out. Healthy meals and healthy foods WITH LOW SODIUM are 2-4 times more expensive than their cheaper counterparts.

I work out of my car running around all day and now I'll have to prepare special sandwiches to take with me every time I go out. If I'm out and don't have something with me and I'm hungry, I'm pretty much up the creek - no more convenience of fast food. Talk about stress.

You can't live in the USA and not be aware of coronary artery disease. All of the talk about cholesterol levels, drug ads, etc - everyone knows that saturated fat can clog up your arteries, but most people (like me) think that it's happening to everyone else BUT themselves.

My biggest surprise was learning how large a coronary artery really is. I had always envisioned them as the size of your finger and was shocked to discover that they're smaller than the size of a small straw - more like a coffee mixer or mixed drink straw. Not as much room as I thought to have some plaque build up and still be "safe."

I had just started riding my bike again (about 6 miles to my daughter's house and back home) 3-4 weeks ago with no problems. I didn't have "classic" heart attack signs. Chest "pain" was more like a difficulty swallowing and 'burning" in my throat like when you run in the wintertime.
Left arm pain mimicked nerve problems (boy am I familiar with those from my back), so I attributed the signs to everything but heart related for over a week.

Anyway, this thread is pretty relevant to my experience and I hope that it will make someone else think seriously about the dangers. I'm only 53 and most people that know me consider me to be in good health. It was a sobering experience to go over my "affairs" with my daughter before going into surgery.

richpalm

Banned
Well, since I'm broke, out of work and don't really give a damn, no. Just got done with two cheese sandwiches. My wife has instructions to wait an hour and then call the medics if anything happens, and then I hope I'm dead before I hit the floor. Besides, with insurance paying for nothing these days, I refuse to be a financial burden on her. Recover from a heart attack to lose the house and everything afterwards after I have to declare bankruptcy when the hospital sues me? Screw that. I've lived long enough, thank you.

Rich

Moderator note: Sorry Rich, I had to edit "4" letters. I understand what you're saying though! I'm currently off work due to an injury and it's not looking real good for me either! Please understand I had to do this "edit" and we still know what you're saying!
Sigman

raggie33

*the raggedier*
darrrn rich i hope ya get more happy.tomorow will be a new day.i hope ya days improve

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I watch what I eat, but in regards to do I watch what I eat in terms of health; NO!

I have a very bad diet, Taco Bell, Pizza, McDonalds, Wendy's, even the food I make at home is loaded in sat. fat, cholesterol, and calories.

I can even make Jello bad, by topping the stuff in a lot of whipped cream (more whipped cream than Jello, lol.)

My all time favorite take a 1/4 pound stick of butter and melt it just a bit to soften, then slab it onto a 12 inch piece of italian bread.

I got weighed in two days ago and I keep a lean and mean 5'6 and 145 pounds. (For those in the service, especially USMC, my PFT (physical fitness test) score is a 225 out of 300, not that great but better than most reservists, lol.)