• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Gone TWOH POP2 v2.31 Sammie or Jill Pill

cgpeanut

Enlightened
yes! TWOH Very nice bin indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was able to find ten of these and would like to know how many POP2 V2.31 Sammies or Jill PIll to make.

jbev

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: TWOH POP2 v2.31 Sammie or Jill Pill

How much?

jbev

Newly Enlightened

Okay, I forgot that you did another run awhile back.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Yeah "catch of the day" I guess, I wish I had a few hundred of these.

rikvee

Enlightened

'luv your work cgpeanut, just a quick question: how does the efficiency compare to the Lambda MiniPro, in other words, do the electronics effect running time and/or maximum brightness?

cgpeanut

Enlightened

@rikvee,

I don't have a lamda (I wish I have) where can I get one??

I think efficiency of the POP2 depends on the Vf of the luxeon being used. The lower the Vf the longer it runs and the brighter it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Provided an R123 or li-on is used.

If the Vf is H then the POP2 circuit will starts up 3volts. H my friend, is very efficient together with WO the color and tint would be very white indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifI I don't think you could find a better combo, an unobtanium UWOH would be brighter but does that bin exist? Hence the $25.00 price tag.

Here's a runtime chart DJPark did a while back with a POP2 and the TPS73201 LDO chip.

47311b63.gif

Mind you DJ used the TPS73201 LDO chip in this chart which tops of at 400-450mA, 99% of all the POP2 I made all use the TPS73601 this give a bit higher output current. Also I believe DJ's li-on battery has been charged and dis-charged numerous times and it's not up to par when he conducted the tests.

1) The RED is unmodded Q3 with R123 and BLUE is unmodded Q3 with CR123. In any combination of Luxeon bin with TPS73201(450mA) is brighter than Q3 + CR123 and also more consistent brightness.

2) CYAN lines are p-fet burst (=DD). On low Vf Luxeon with fresh charged R123, it is much brighter than LDO, but not long, less than a minute or so.

3) The jumping up of the brightness indicates the LDO going out of constant current regulation. From this point, it just give everything. the LDO has suppressed down the current by eating up the voltage while on regulation. If regulation goes off early, we get more light. That means we are actually wasting some potential light output by burning it as heat in LDO.

As you can see the TX1J (yellow) Ran for more than an hour. A TWOH lux has a lower Vf than a TX1J so it would run longer than a hour at the highest output.

To recap:

TWOH: tinit and color is very white, runs longer than J bin and at the same price $59.95 shipped and can be a POP2 V2.31 sammie or POP2 Jill Pill form factor.

Maximum

Enlightened

I am in for one.
I really love my FF2 with a TYAH Pop.
Please make me a sammie TWOH for using in my FF2, so I will appreciate if you can add the little button on the sammie.
I mainly use primaries 123 batts, I understand that this one will be as efficient than a TYAH but less purple, right?

thanks a lot.

Maximum

Enlightened

@cgpeanut,
I already have 4 Li-ons but since the FF2 is my EDC I don't like to be left in the dark when the batt cut-off.
My TYAH is plenty bright and seems to run forever on 123A.
Sure it is brighter on R123 and this is what I use when I want to impress friends.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Maximum said:
@cgpeanut,
I already have 4 Li-ons but since the FF2 is my EDC I don't like to be left in the dark when the batt cut-off.
My TYAH is plenty bright and seems to run forever on 123A.
Sure it is brighter on R123 and this is what I use when I want to impress friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you do the same thing I do. I EDC my FF-II loaded with the POP2 v2.31 with TYAH and an Engergizer E2 Lithium cell. It's not the brightest light in the world, but it runs forever.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Ahh I seeI Then you will be happy with the TWOH. I think it's a warmer white than the TYAH.

You know, I got a box of surefire litiums that I never use since I switch to li-ons. it's out the drawer now and iin my FF2 and in my bag as a backup light, Thanks

FF2 + Regular CR123 Surefire

Doc

Enlightened

I would like to get POP2 for my Fire-Fly w/TWOH ! Will these drop in with the clip ring? PM sent Thanks, Doc

dbrad

Newly Enlightened

I'm in for one, but I'll have to think about whether it should be a Sammie or a Jil pill. I'll let you know.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Doc, If you mean the e-clip that holds the sammie in place don't use it, I will include the rubber o-ring on all POP2 sammies and POP2 JiL Pil.

dbrad pm sent

4 left

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
dbrad said:
I'm in for one, but I'll have to think about whether it should be a Sammie or a Jil pill. I'll let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It basically comes down to whether you want to use a 123 or CR2 cell. I still find the POP2 sammie in a FF-II with modded reflector is the best combonation of utility vs size vs weight.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

TIN, I was thinking the same thing but the beam quality of the Jil is near to perfection I think. I will try to get some beam shots tonight.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is the procedure to replace the stock circuit in a Jil 1.3W with this sammie?

cgpeanut

Enlightened

@Phaserburn, I don't have a Jil 1.3W just the DD version, since I was going to replace the stock DD sammie I opted for the cheaper JiL and it turns out I did the right thing. Is there any difference as far as dimension inside the JiL 1.3W?