BLue A2 almost got me in trouble!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I was in my truck tonight behind two Gangster looking guys in a Impala sitting on huge rims. I take my A2 out of my pocket at a red light and for some reason I pushed the button twice real quick, which made the blue Led flash twice right by my rear view mirror. The blue flashes went right through my windshield and into their Impala.

They both turned around and looked at me, they thought I was the police!!! The light turned green and the two gangsters were driving miss daisy!!! Under the speed limit.

I figured they were going to see I wasnt a cop, then kick my a$$ or key my truck.

But I'm PoliceScannerMan, I turned up my scanner real loud and pulled up beside them at the next red light. Their windows were down, and my police scanner was loud and clear. I looked over at one of the guys and he said, "Good day Officer."

I couldnt believe it!!!! Anyway thought I would share!!

-PSM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get away with that for a while until you get shot. A fun trick if you pick your targets well, like high school kids.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha! Great story. I'd love to have been there with you. Although in the long term it could prove potentially dangerous.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's such a dangerous move it gives me a headache thinking about it.

Never are my blue lights in my vehicle unless they are packed away with other lights in transit for specific uses.

More than one area of the country is looking for "blue light rapists".

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Here's the thing. I didnt mean to get their attenetion!!!

I was just doing some sporadic flashing, don't lnow why I did it!!

Learned my lesson though, won't do it again.

-PSM

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Here's a pic of my truck, hard to confuse this with a police car!!!

2050600_1_full.jpg

PSM

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahah. Good story.

If they were smart they probably figured later on that you were a first responder or volunteer fire fighter. Lots of those guys drive trucks and have blue strobes...

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
ATTN GENIOUS:
Don't post this BS like you just flashed your blue light for "no reason" and you didn't know what was going to happen.
You're an idiot. Stop playing cop and stop posting pictures of vehicles you got off the internet and saying they're yours.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
glock_nor_cal said:
ATTN GENIOUS:
Don't post this BS like you just flashed your blue light for "no reason" and you didn't know what was going to happen.
You're an idiot. Stop playing cop and stop posting pictures of vehicles you got off the internet and saying they're yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Mr. Nor Cal a couple things.

I'm not an idiot, the A2 is still new to me, I like to fiddle with it. I was at a red light and pulled it out of my pocket. Why in the hell would I want the attenetion of two large black men when I'm in my lifted truck (yes its really mine). I admit it was a brain fart, I would never think to use a F'n flashlight with blue leds to mimick a cop. I respect cops and firefighters and never play cop.

You don't know me sir, so please refrain from insulting people you don't know. It was one hell of a situation that had to with a flashlight. So I shared it here.

And BTW I'm not some wannabe that posts pics of things that aren't mine. I'm sure you want proof so here ya go:

2050600_16_full.jpg

Let me guess. I found a picture on the internet of the same truck holding an A2 with Blue leds in front of the grill, right?

So please think twice before you come at me again Mr. Big Bad Glock Man.

Take care,
PSM

Size15's

Flashaholic
Best not to allow this to get out of hand.

It's not good to confuse motorists (for road safety and personal safety reasons) and I'm sure that nobody here is suggesting that it is a good idea.

I've got a PhotonIII with a Blue LED that could cause much the same trouble if played with whilst in a car.
(I also have an A2 with Blue LEDs and I know that the LED stage can be quite sensitive to accidental activation)

May I suggest that we use this thread as a learning experience please.

Cheers!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bole64

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
glock_nor_cal said:
ATTN GENIOUS:

[/ QUOTE ] Try to say it nicer next time buddy. There is no need for an attitude like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.