Lithiums in wireless mouse

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened
I just thought of reducing weight on wireless devices, particularly the mouse that we all use. They're usually supplied with a pair of AA nimh or alkaline cells and add quite a heft. So the question came down to is. Is it safe to run fresh Lithium AA cells in a wireless mouse? I currently have half depleted lithiums in my mouse and what a world of difference in weight.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
My guess is they should be fine but email the manufacturer of the mouse and ask them, I am sure they will respond.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
A steel weight? sounds like a marketing ploy to make you think it is a better quality mouse. They used to put steel plates in keyboards also but mostly to make them sturdier/stiffer.
I suppose a lead weighted mouse wouldn't run away as fast.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Not to make you feel like it's better quality than it really is, just to give it some heft. Nobody likes pushing around an empty match-box.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The weight in plastic keyboards also helps keep them from being jostled out of position as you use them. Same with the mice.

My mice are always on the mouse pad. Why would I want them lighter?

I still use the original mouseman wireless. I bought one new 10 years or so ago. I bought another 3 used at the logitech warehouse and so I can keep two in reserve.

Daniel