Surefire prices in Hong Kong

dandruff

Enlightened
I will be going to hongkong for a trip this wednesday. it suddenly occurred to me that this might be a great chance to get some surefires for cheap (relative to where i live anyway). and seeing how it is already monday, i need some replies quick!

ill be staying in kowloon. any good shops in that area?

how much would, say a SF U2 cost?

thanks!!

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Surefire prices here are slightly cheaper than in the US. I have no idea how much Surefire stuff costs in Singapore, so it would be difficult to compare. I haven't bought/looked at the U2, so I don't know how much it costs here..

You need to go to Apliu Street (Sham Shui Po MTR Station, Exit C2) to find tools, flashlights, etc... There are at least two shops here that are authorised resellers for Surefire, so you should be able to find anything you want.

Go to YP Map to find any address in Hong Kong.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only place that is good in HK for being a dealer is in Supreme Co.

I was in HK last month and visited Supreme Co. It is located in Mongkok, HK. The MTR station you want to get off at and look for the Park-In commercial center (56 Dundas St) is Yau Mai Tei Station, exit A2.

http://www.supremeco.com.hk/walkinstore.html

Looking around their website, the prices seem reasonable. Their selection is also VERY large for an overseas place anyway.

I did see a place (near Supreme Co. along the airsoft strip) with a Surefire M6 (kind of old looking) for roughly ~$3200 HK dollars. In USD that is ~$410. Not that much over $392.00 MSP. In HK you can also haggle to lower the price some.

http://www.supremeco.com.hk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_26

Some stuff seems to be on sale (like the A2 in BK, and KL3 in 1W form.)

Also be on the alert for fake knock offs as Trashman said, but usually you can spot Surefire's by well their build quality, it actually says Surefire, and look for packaging (like serial #'s, warranty cards back to the US and such.)

I imagine the U2 to be MSRP at $270 US but you can try to lower the price, because its HK, you can haggle! LOL.

Have fun while your in HK and be careful to keep a limit or you'll be back in Singapore with too many Surefire's! (haha, you can never have enough SF lights, budget allowing though, they can get expensive.)

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supreme Co is a great place as they have a big selection.. However, since they are the distributor, their prices are basically the manufacturer's suggested retail price unless it's on sale, and no, you can't haggle there as these are fixed prices.

Mongkok is also a great place to go if you're looking for airsoft stuff, but I think that's still illegal in Singapore, if I remember correctly..

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
That's right.. Those airsoft stuff are tempting! but.. banned in Singapore. Btw.. it's our national day today! i went to HK once.. and saw those airsoft guns.. really great lookin'.. almost real like! even those rifles.

To change the topic slightly, anyone knows of places that sell Surefires or Inovas in Kaoh Siung, Taiwan?? Are the prices good?

Kiu

Enlightened
In Ap liu Street, the U2 is selling at around ~HKD$1930 (~$247) and the SF M6 is HKD$2588 (~$332) only.