• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: MJLED Kits for AA Hosts

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Each kit consists of an uncut MJLED, modded reflector and poly-lens. The MJLEDS which I'm also selling seperately are also uncut, meaning both wires are still at their full length.

#1 - MJLED Kit @ $13.00 **SOLD**
#2 - MJLED Kit @ $13.00 **SOLD**
#3 - MJLED Kit @ $13.00
#4 - MJLED Kit @ $13.00
#5 - MJLED Kit @ $13.00
#6 - MJLED @ $10.00
#7 - MJLED @ $10.00
#8 - MJLED @ $10.00
#9 - MJLED @ $10.00
#10 - Modified Reflector for AAA host @ $5.00 **SOLD**
#11 - Modified Reflector for AAA host @ $5.00 **SOLD**

I'll pay for USPS 1st Class Mail Shipping within the continental US. International buyers, please add $3.00 for S/H. PM me with questions. An "I'll take it" posted here gets priority.

PayPal only please.

Last edited:

pradeep1

Enlightened
Nascar, now you post these after I've gone and bought a set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wwglen

Enlightened
NASCAR,

If the ground down part of the dome starts even or slightly belo whe yellow cup then they are ground down. If the LED dome starts significently higher it is probably not ground down.

Also if you have one in a Mini Mag and it focuses to a tight spot they are ground down. If it has the typical LED beam with only slight focusing capability then they are not ground down.

wwglen

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
wwglen said:
NASCAR,

If the ground down part of the dome starts even or slightly belo whe yellow cup then they are ground down. If the LED dome starts significently higher it is probably not ground down.

Also if you have one in a Mini Mag and it focuses to a tight spot they are ground down. If it has the typical LED beam with only slight focusing capability then they are not ground down.

wwglen

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'd have to say these are ground down. If you look at the emitter from the top down, you can see very little dome (plastic stuff) above the emitter itself.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIN, I don't live in these boards any more... So I am nto up on the MJLED or this kit. Can you link to more information or pictures? Will this work on a 1 AA at 1.2 volts in a cut down minimag?

Thanks,

Keith

wwglen

Enlightened
PocketBeam,

The MJLED kit for the minimag REQUIRES TWO (2) Alkiline batteries. Even with two Alkline(Fresh) you are driving the LED at 75-110mA. They fairly quickly drop to the 74mA range as the alkilines discharge. (The LED is rated at 100mA but degrades quickly above 75mA).

You can use Lithium AA's but they drive it above 135mA and while bright it isn't worth the risk to the LEDs as a few people have had them strobe on Lithiums.

As to brightness on Alkiline they seem brighter and a better beam shot then the standard incandascent. Probably about 1/2 watt leve with GREAT throw.

Run time is good as I got something like 40+ hours and whilke it was dimmer (about 25%) it was still very useful.

I really like them and hace onein all my kid's minimags. I even put one in a PR base and have it in my 2-D Mag for extra long run time. Before putting it in a 2-D Mad I tested it in a 2-C flashlight and afer the same 40 hours as the minimage above there was almost NO dimming.

The only problem is even after 40 hours the batteries still have a LOT of capacity left (1.3-1.4Volts) and you will want something else that will drain the batteries.

Rechargeables will NOT work as they only give 2.3volts ant they really need 2.9+ volts.

wwglen