Recheargable E2E possible?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided not to go the scorpion or TL-2/Strion Bulb/17670 batery combo since it's big to carry comfortably in a pocket.

I would like to power an E2E with a 17670 Li-ion battery and was wondering what bulb to use.

I was thinking in reducing the bulb post of the E2E bezel to fit a scorpion bulb base with a Strion bulb since this base fits the body perfect,just need to get it to focus. The problem here is that the Bezel will be rendered useless for regular SF lamps.

Then I remembered the P-60 or P-90 mod where you remove the reflector and reduce the wire lenght to fit a E2E without any modification to the bezel but P-60 won't light up bright with a mere 3.7 volt 17670 battery and the P-30 would blow.

After seeing JSBurly's site I came upon this Light assembly that looks promising if I can remove the reflector and cut the wires to make it fit the E2E, 80 lumens recheargable and in a small package /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif. Has anyone done this? Any ideas on how to have a Li-ion E2E? I Want to experiment.

Thanks!
AlexGT

seattlite

Enlightened
A while back, "Chevrofreak" made an E series lamp assembly from a "3.7 volt 6 watt Streamlight Stinger bulb". Those same LA also sold at JS Burly, but they sold out rather quickly. Here is the link if interested: Surefire E2 series 3.7v lamps

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link, I'll PM chevrofreak and see if he is willing to make some more.

AlexGT