Inova XO & T1 opinions compared to.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from emitting photons, these lights are nothing alike. The Dorcy emits a (comparatively) dim, diffuse flood of blue/white light. The Inova shoot out a direct, narrow beam of bright white light. Both lights have their purpose- you wouldn't want to use one of the Inova's to read a book, but the Dorcy would be useless at more than a short distance away.

dim

Enlightened
These flashlights really can not be compared as they are different classes of flashlights with different missions.
The Dorcy produces about 3-5 lumens and the mentioned Inovas produce about 25-35 lumens in a fairly tight but usable spot.

I sometimes EDC my T1 and one of my Dorcy AAA together.

Check out the reviews at Flashlight Reviews.

dim

dim

Enlightened
While reviews of the Dorcy Metal Gear are starting to pop up, it is a new flashlight with few users. Inova's T and X lines have been out for over a year and have a strong reputation for a quality product. The HA finish on the Inovas is nice, of course, as are the optics, if you like/need a spot, as well as the solid regulation - constant output from the T1 for 90 minutes and 4-5 hours for the XO/T2! The T1 takes one CR123 and the XO/T2 takes two. The Metal Gear takes 3AAA. Alkaline batts have a notoriously poor performance curve, particularly the low capacity AAA.

dim

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Of the Dorcy and Garrity you refer to, I'd take the Dorcy ANY day!

I'm one of the vocal proponents of the Metal Gear 3AAA LUX. Mine and most others who have posted have very nice tint, genuine Lumiled Lux and has been reported to have 8+ hour burn time. The beam tends to have a central spot surrounded by a ring or two. Mine has Writeright PDA film on the lense and is nicer this way!

I'd grab a Metal Gear and a Dorcy 1AA 3LED and be a happy camper!