flashlight tailstand trick

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was looking at an earlier thread where they had plastic plugs to help dorcy lights tailstand and tried to make my cheap xnova do the same but have found nothing the right size when I look at a little ball of poster putty I use to stick notes to the edge of my monitor and rolled up a dime sized ball squashed it flat on my table and stuck the light on it. Presto! cheap tailstand that can also be used to stick a note to your flashlight later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

moeman

Enlightened
nice idea!!!
here is how i use my Arc in a sort of tailstand mode:

i made a small lanyard with one of the BP micro clips and some spectra cord with a spit ring on the other end...
works great!
chris

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I thought of another silly tailstand idea. velcro on the tail and the other velcro on a heavy metal base.
Actually a broken off microphone holder may be the best stand for a light.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I thought about something like that, even a thin foam rubber tubing you can either use as a comfortable grip or slide over the end to hold it straight. The one nice thing about the poster putty trick is if your light is easy to turn you can put it on a desk and reach over and one hand twist it off at night without while it still is stuck there.