Software recommendation needed.

mrsinbad

Enlightened
I need a software recommendation and I think I need an offline browser, but I'm not sure...

I would like to download my most often viewed websites (like CPF) into an internet browser where I can read/reply to the messages while I'm on the train and then have the pages updated and my replies posted.

What do I need and whta would you rocommend? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
IE allows you to make bookmarks available off-line. And you can manually or automatically synchronize them.

I was looking through the synchronize setup in IE--and, I thought, I used to see a setting that allowed me to set how deep it would load the pages. Just looked now, and I did not see it... If you could set it two or three deep, it would autoload the threads.

-Bill

KAM

Newly Enlightened
I would just get a PDA and ask Sasha to install a PDA skin to the forum, to connect to the net you could use wifi or bluetooth/infrared with your phone

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
It doesn't sound practical to download ALL the threads in cpf to read for a day, probably waste a lot of bandwidth also. I find I read perhaps 1/20 or less of the threads myself and use the mousover to read a few I am interested in before diving in.