Maximizing a Maglite Magcharger...

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
What mods can I do to my Maglite Magcharger to get some serious output from it ( bulbs, reflectors, etc.) ???

Thanks in advance,

AC

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where to begin. Well, the easiest thing you can do is get a Welch Allyn 1160 bulb. It's a drop in, and will turn your MC into a headlight on a stick.

Makarov

Enlightened
As long as you have an ok batterystick(ie not worn out) Phaserburn's advice is kinda it. Change the bulb and get a lightsaber /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You can also consider a Borofloatlens from Flashlightlens, it'll take the heat better than the original glasslens.
I've been looking for a drop-in LOP (light orange peel) reflector for the MC, but haven't found one I think fit yet.

Also consider a batterystick with more ampere than the original, changing to a WA bulb will shorten the "fun-time" a bit.
I've just upgraded my MC, but due to living in the "Land of the midnight sun" I haven't really had the opportunity to play with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

DreamScape

Enlightened

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will get lots more feedback if a Mod will move this to Incandescents.

Though the FiveMega reflector IS an upgrade, there isn't enough orange peel to improve the beam much.

I wish he had done MOP or even HOP.

Bill

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A properly centered and focused wa01160 in his MC made my uncle (and most everyone who sees it in action) say WOW!

Only thing that whoops it in this size class is a wa01185 running on 9aa Nimh (can be done in the MC and used with a modded charger in much the same way) but it's closer to the ragged edge making the 1160 a very good choice!

This probably really should be in "incandescent" forum...

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
Where can I get some better rechargable battery packs from ?
I do have a fivemega 9aa to 3D battery adapter. I think this puts out 13.5v though. Will this work with a WA 1160?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WA01160 will only get about 35 minutes on the stock pack. You need to step up to a 3.5-4.0Ah nimh stick to get 60 minutes or better.

You do not need a replacement reflector for heat but for beam smoothing, get a medium or heavy orange peel.

Wilkey