Streamlight ProPoly 4AA need run ONLY Lithium help

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I decided that I want to run Lithium in my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA. The reason is I want to keep it in the car since it has great runtime and throw.
I know there are other CR123 options but I don't want to do that.
So can I run AA Lithiums in the Streamlight with no issues?

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
marinemaster said:

Hi,

I decided that I want to run Lithium in my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA. The reason is I want to keep it in the car since it has great runtime and throw.
I know there are other CR123 options but I don't want to do that.
So can I run AA Lithiums in the Streamlight with no issues?

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It hasn't hurt mine in the last couple of months. I run them exclusively in my Poly 4xAA.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
I have been running only AA Lithiums from Battery Station in mine since I got it. It seems to be brighter, weigh less, and has a very long runtime. This is one of the best lights you can buy for the money. IMHO.

mykall

Enlightened
Re: Streamlight ProPoly 4AA need run ONLY Lithium

[ QUOTE ]
CARNAL1 said:
I have been running only AA Lithiums from Battery Station in mine since I got it. It seems to be brighter, weigh less, and has a very long runtime. This is one of the best lights you can buy for the money. IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd read somewhere that SL didn't recommend this
even though there seem to be several people using
them w/o probs.

I wonder what the potential problem
could be...too much current for the regulator??

MB

David_Campen

Enlightened

I like the UK4AA lights and I have been using both the 1-watt LED and 4-watt incandescent modules with Batterystation Lithium AAs with excellent results.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

you are usin Lithium in the 4AA LUX light?

Aloft

Enlightened

I wrote to Streamlight about using Lithiums in this and a couple other lights. They said unequivocally that it would void the warranty! That said, several people have used Li's in the ProPoly, Luxeon Jr. and probably some others, with no problems. Keep us posted if there is a malfunction... I prefer Li's for glovebox use due to long shelf life, long run time, and fewer leakage problems.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, I forgot we're in the LED forums. LED wasn't mentioned in the title, and I was going to mention how my Propoly 4AA blew a xenon bulb in about 10 minutes using Battery Station Lithium AAs.

Someone posted a while back that he thought that using AA cells would mean that the LED would fail in hundreds of hours rather than thousands. Big deal. By then you'll have moved on!

tygger

Enlightened
I ran the original 4AA 7led version with 3 lithium and one dummy AA cell with great results. don't know about running all lithiums with the new lux model but if it were me i'd still go with the 3 AA lithium and one dummy. runtime should still be satisfactory.
just my 2cents.