Should I bother with the P60/61 series SFs?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it still wise to get a Pxx series 2 cell SF when theres the E2? It throws slightly less, but the Turbohead covers that. Then theres the E2C adapter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaahh, the thought processes of a flashaholic.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I wasn't aware that there was a Surefire turbo head for the "E" series lights. I like the P/C/Z/G size lights because they are more modular than the E series currently. A 6P with an A19, KL3, and KT2 Turbo head can do it all (why not toss in a BOG 3W for good measure). The larger P series lights still just feel right in the hand.

As of right now, with only Surefire parts, the E series can't match the versatility of the P series lights.

UVvis

Enlightened
depends on what you are looking for.

I normally have a E2e or E1e with me. For daily carry they are about as close to a perfect size per brightness that you can get. The Pxx sized lights start out as bright as the E lights are, and move up from there. They have more parts available and are a large more comfortable size to hold, at least for me. Plus there are many more 6P and related size parts and bulbs out there than the E series.

UVvis

Enlightened
Pretty much,

Also, putting an E2C on, then a turbohead, makes you feel like you are holding a straw stuck in an orange.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much as said above, with an E2e or E1e, you can put on a KL1 or KL4 (even a L2 head, tried this for like a second just to see if it works.) With a C/P/G series of lights with the Pxx lights, you can options too, but give up size. For a lot of dough, I remember this_is_nascar with a P91 cut down and modded E2e with cell extender to basically make a P91 only a little longer than an E2e.

I got a UBH (universal battery holder form Dspeck) with a Z57 tailcap a few days ago that can hold 3 X CR123's with a Z57 tailcap. I am planning on getting a E2C with a Surefire KT-2 turbo head with N2 lamp down the line so I can carry a smaller light (when compared to the SF M6) and still have semi decent output (because I see myself comparing everything I have to my M6 which is really bright for its size, scared a few friends that thought I had one of those spotlights, but were amazed at the small size of the M6.) As UVvis said, like sticking a straw into an orange, sort of like the M4. I don't mind, I plan on sticking this straw in an orange in my hand carry bag next to my laptop.

And the better answer would be get all of them and find one you like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 6P (with both P-60 and P-61 LAs) and have never actually carried it. Only used it for beamshots and testing. I really can't see using it for EDC ... Too bulky.... I suppose that it would be fine for a vehicle glove compartment light or a briefcase light, but it definitely isn't a pocket light.

On the other hand, my E2 IS my usual ENC (every night carry).

And when that's not going to be enough light or enough runtime, I grab one of my M*gLight mods.

IMHO the E2 has the best "form factor" of any of my lights, including ones I have designed and built from scratch. I hope to closely copy the form of it, add a few MM length and rig up a higher output bulb to run on Li-ions in the not too distant future, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the standard E2E.

'Course, what do I know.... I'm primarily a LED guy at heart, so take my opinion with several grains of salt.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also an e-series compatible P60/P61 head available from VitalGear. I believe lighthound.com stocks them. Not sure if this yeilds a smaller light than the E2C/6P combo, but it is just another option for the e-series. Then there are all of the McLux and Aleph heads that will also fit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
I recently got hooked to the E-series. As I was telling my therapist the other day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ...it all started with the VG FB1 body and a KL1, then just recently with the KL4. Now I plan on getting a 6P (or at least a 6P head) + E2C + P91 + 2x123 Body + 2R123's = Lotsa Light in a pretty small package.

Of course, the only thing missing is $$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Latest posts