Any "2 C" Luxeon lights available?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any \"2 C\" Luxeon lights available?

Are there any "luxeon type" lights available that use 2 c cells for power? This one from Ruby Electronics is not currently available. (It looks a bit large for considering the power source.)

I have heard that the Jupiter Aurora is available in 2 C format - does anyone know where?

Does anyone know of any other "luxeon type" lights in the 2 c format?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any \"2 C\" Luxeon lights available?

You can simply buy a 2C Maglite & put in a Everled, Diamond or Tektite luxeon bulb.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bought one on ebay a while back from seller named vivian690ng. Don't know if he has any now.

www.j2ledflashlight.com has cr123 version, and advancedmart has CR123, AA, and AAA versions.

Neat little lights, but very different beam---like a theater "spotlight".

Good luck.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
Bought one on ebay a while back from seller named vivian690ng. Don't know if he has any now.

What brand/model 2C luxeon light did this eBay seller offer to you?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Does Wayne (Elektro Lumens) still sell the FT-3C?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did that light use 2 C cells?

goldenlight

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
john2551 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Does Wayne (Elektro Lumens) still sell the FT-3C?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did that light use 2 C cells?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, that light used 3 C cells, although it was significntly smaller than a 2 C M*glight.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry---the 2C I bought from vivian690ng was a Jupiter Aurora.

Yes, the EL FT-3C is a 3C, and a very bright light indeed. I actually run mine on 3 AA NiMhs with a PVC "sleeve"---works great.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes it was smaller than a 2C maglite due to having a tailswitch instead of a clickie on the side which takes up more space.

83Venture

Enlightened

ElektroLumens was making up 2C AngleLux lights, like the Military 2D but using C cell bodies.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Yep, duhhhh - sorry..."FT-3C" why didn't I say the name out loud so my brain recognized the "3"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have another one that certainly looks like a Nuwai. I can't remember who I bought it from, but IIRC it was supposedly a prototype. It runs off of 2 C cells, with a side emitter.

Have you checked out the Nuwai configurations? A couple of our "Supporting Dealers" here have a pretty good selection!?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Anglelux Wayne is selling is a 2D.

But there were some CPFer's modding the Anglelux with a PVC pipe and using 3 C batteries. In doing so it voids the warranty of the light due to heating issues.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened

I REALLY wish wayne would sell the FT_3C again. Mine got stollen at work and when I went to the sight to order another one they weere gone. That really was agreat light...(except for the tail capcoming apartwhen you changed the batteries)

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:

....Have you checked out the Nuwai configurations? A couple of our "Supporting Dealers" here have a pretty good selection!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - I check those websights OFTEN.
Lots of neat stuff, but nothing 2C.

83Venture

Enlightened

For Info on the 2C Anglelux see Roys "Run-Time Plot - Anglelux-2C" in the reviews section dated 6/5/04 with picture beside a 2D. Wayne makes up the AngleLux for each order. Contact him if interested to see if he will put one together for you. I like the first Gen 2 D light a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

83Venture:
Thanks for the info. I think that "2c" is the next logical format to be developed - but apparently I may have to wait for a while.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

At some point a year or more ago there was a 2C Nuwai-looking Lux1 or Lux3 light selling on ebay. I haven't seen it since - but then I haven't been looking for it either.

This would be a great size for a light. Something much shorter than the Mag2C with a smaller head but still using two (relatively) energy-dense C cells.

Runtimes with a fairly efficient boost circuit running the Lux a 400ma to 700ma should be pretty good.

OK all you folks with connections to the chinese manufacturers - have at it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
StoneDog said:

.....This would be a great size for a light. Something much shorter than the Mag2C with a smaller head but still using two (relatively) energy-dense C cells.

Runtimes with a fairly efficient boost circuit running the Lux a 400ma to 700ma should be pretty good.

OK all you folks with connections to the chinese manufacturers - have at it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen Brother!

steve_vance

Enlightened

Take a look at this light....it's 3C rather than 2C, but it's one of the best 3W lights I've ever owned....and I own almnost everything. Got it ftom Wayne @ Amondotech.com
Nuwai 3C light

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve:

Thanks for the tip. I have the 5W 4C version of that light. (Pretty nice BTW)

I am looking for 2C cell lights, because I am thinking that would be the upper limit form factor that I could comfortably
EDC in a common social situation. I believe that C cells pack a bunch more juice than AAs and such.

While I have your attention: Do you think that nuwai will ever "refine" products such as their 5W TM-301X, or the
3W TM-301X-3 by adding regulation or tailstand capability? I recall a thread about the Q3 where CPFers greatly lauded the Q3, but also suggested about half a dozen minor improvements. Can you share any insights or personal opinions about when products get improved, vs when they simply get replaced?