380nm UV LED in Dorcy AAA

LightHearted

Enlightened
Well, I just finished modding one of my Dorcy AAAs with a 380nm UV LED, and I am impressed. This mod was easy and quick even for a newbie like me. The 380nm UV LED is not as bright as other cheap UV keychain lights I've tried, yet it seems to fluoresce brighter on objects that react to UV. This is a lot of fun.

Ken

380nmuvledindorcy7px.jpg

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lower wavelengths are less visible to our eyes (they appear to be very dim) , but in reality they fluoresce many objects better than seemingly brighter (higher, more visible) wavelengths.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I too am interested in your LED source. I've got some PayPal settlement money from the class-action suit, and I'm looking for a project to spend it on.

Also, it seems that the AAA Dorcy mod is one of the basic "starter mods" here on the board. Is there any original, or "ultimate" thread that gives the basics of Dorcy AAA disasembly/reasembly?

I've been searching, but "Dorcy" "AAA" and "mod" are so generic, I keep turning up thousands of results.

Illuminated

Enlightened
I received 2 UV Led's as a bonus for ordering a quantity of other white Led's from Lsdiodes.com (I think...)

Just recently put one in a blue Dorcy AAA - it's kinda cool. Fun to experiment with. I don't have any specs on the Led's, though.

Have fun - John

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
they are $6 plus shipping.. if you want info on the nichia 365nm PM me..

Latest posts