• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mc2ES into a Z57 instructions

BPeplinski

Newly Enlightened
I have an L4 and I want a high/low switch. In the reading of these forums, I discovered the only way to go is the Mc2ES. I want to modify the Z57 tailcap on my L4. I am looking at it and I can't figure out how to get the darn thing apart. I don't want to get a Z52 tail because I already have the Z57.( I like the stock look.) I am going to order the Mc2ES when I'm done here. Where can I find detailed instructions on the disassembly of the Z57, and installation of the Mc2ES? Thanks in advance for any help!

-Brian

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Frankly ... the big cost of the McE2S system is the McE2S module and not the tailcap. If I were you I'd keep my fully functional Z57 and just buy a complete Aleph tailcap of your choice with the McE2S module installed. Not much more $$ and you'll end up with two different switching alternatives.
bernie

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have to agree with Bernhard here. If you want to stay close to the "stock" look, get the "bald" configuration in HA-Nat and you will be very close. The Z57 can be retrofit but the jam nut is used as a spacer loaded from the rear and the stack of components may require some tweaking to get the switch working just as you would like.

cy

Flashaholic
or find a Z52 surefire LOTC, switch will drop right in. pic shows tuning mce2s...

mce2s fix.JPG

BPeplinski

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great pics guys! I like the idea of the Aleph tailcap because all I have to do is screw it on. I can't find any in stock in the Sandwich Shoppe. I'm going to post in the BST to see if I can find one. Thanks again for the info!

-Brian

Oh yeah, cy, I'm still interested in the LS mod. My wife says I have to sell a toy to get another. So, when I can sell my Sony PSP to raise the cash I'll drop you a message. Thanks!