Terralux 1AA ChromeStar?

L

LED Supply

As you noted there isn't too much information available as of yet. I was unaware that a price had been set for the product. I spoke with TerraLUX recently, and they mentioned that it would be available for this Christmas Season.

greenLED

Flashaholic
That looks like and original Infinity body with a revamped Luxeon head. Nice! Chrome's not my thing, though, and why can't you use rechargeables?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Chrome is a bummer! Needs a subdued finish! Pretty spendy as compared to the Infinity Ultra, eh?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Back to chrome-bashing; it looks tacky, IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll take bare Al (or anodized) any day.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
For an emgency light, chrome is great. Easy to find when you drop it. I've got a ton of the 1AA lights and use them every night walking around the house chasing the cat. I can assure you that if you lay one down on the floor at night, you will do a lot of patting around trying to find it. Of course, I have a bright orange rope tied to the one I carry everyday - but chrome is great by me.

LowWorm

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
We'll know more about this light in the next few days. I just got my shipping notice from BrightGuy.

[/ QUOTE ]

TIN to the rescue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I always love your takes on lights, can't wait for this one.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chrome might be heavy but it is durable. I'd rather have a flashy chrome light than a painted light that would chip in a month.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am anxious to see a review or two.

The first Terralux flashlight was a converted incan. if I recall. This one looks like a serious effort to produce a top notch product.

Heavy chrome plating - it does help make this product stand out in the crowd.

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
If this light is chromed properly, like the chrome bumper on an American car of the 1960's or '70's, it will be TOUGH! Chrome done right is a very, very, durable suface. Just look at how durable a good wrench is!

I'm curious about two aspects of this light, other than chrome quality. 1: How efficient is the boost circuit? 2: Will it be dificult (or even possible) to upgrade the LED to a better bin?

Running on a single AA...I am in!

Adam

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I do like the general looks of this light....This may be a little off track here however it does concern this light so I will ask.
If I do purchase one of these chromed lights what would my options be as far as removing the chrome finish? I do like a more subdued look such as a brushed satin look or even bare aluminum. Is chrome the same as HA in regards to removal?...Will the lye solution trick work on chrome such as it does for HA surfaces?
If I just could not stand the look of the chrome(however I may like it when I see it) and want to remove it what would the proper procedures be?

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I've gotta admit I'd prefer a more subdued torch, but then again it's a 1AA pocket/keyring light, so unless you have transparent pockets, it's not going to be a big deal most of the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I like terralux gear, if this has a decent beam and the usual good terralux runtime then I'll get one even if they come out in bright pink.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too like the runtimes of terraluxes. I just think that they used chrome with an entirely wrong light here.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it be the first flashlight in a rap video? It sure does have the "bling" going for it!
The only thing that concerns me is NO RECHARGABLES... that gives me a strong hint that it just uses a voltage boost curcuit instead of constant current.