do you think musiic and video games cause

raggie33

*the raggedier*
do you think musiic and video games cause violence?james post made me think about it. i dont think they do i think its lack of parent being a parent.i listen to heavy meatle and play games with scarty stuff in it but am pretty calm guy

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Link to article.

I don't really think that video games will cause people to become violent. Just like you said raggie, you listen to heavy metal and play what are probably some controversial games, but you are still a calm guy. I think this is the case for lots of people.

jtice

Flashaholic
music, video games, and movies are a great excuse for kids and parents not to take resoncability for their own actions.

If you kid cant understand its not ok to go around shooingt ppl, game or not, theres something wrong with him, and the parents.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think they are a source of bad behavior, not the end all but it isn't a coincidence that music, movies, and video games have gotten more violent over the last 40 years and real violence has also escalated alongside.
Those who have a good mental health upbringing are less succeptable to the *brainwashing* effect or influence of music, games, tv etc but I think we all are affected by it regardless to perhaps a miniscule extent depending on how much we *feel* our lives compare to the games and musics, movies portrayal of reality and perspective dealing with interactions between people.

A child with healthy role models and social interactions amongst others is fairly resistant to the effects of unrealistic social pressures these things put upon them through interactions AND peers responding to what is right (cool) and wrong portrayed in such.