HDS Holsters and tools - question

Minimoog

Enlightened
I am in the process of finalising my order for a Ultimate 60, however when I saw the price of the holster, it came as a bit of a nasty suprise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif. There must be a simpler and cheaper holster out there - anyone found it yet?

On the subject of my order, I was hoping to retrofit one of the excellent magnifying diffusers to widen the hotspot, however it seems that I will have to buy the lens kit at $30 to enable me to buy the special spanner to change the glass over - any other tool been found to fit - needle nose pliers perhaps?

All info appreciated - really looking forward to getting my light now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Ian, UK

nightshade

Enlightened

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Soundbox said:
...it seems that I will have to buy the lens kit at $30 to enable me to buy the special spanner
to change the glass over - any other tool been found to fit - needle nose pliers perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
AW said in a thread called, 'HDS Beam Shaper Lenses':
...Remove the retainer ring ( I use a snap ring plier )and then the stock lens...
<snip>
...Then hand tighten the retainer ring first followed by using the snap ring plier gently...

[/ QUOTE ]

Emphasis mine.

Congrats on your decision. I love my Basic.

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
HI I have two and I carry one in a Swiss Army Knive leather holster that fits perfectly, like it was made for it, it's something I've had for years so I don't remember exactly, but I suspect that if you can find the current ones, one of the larger ones would work.

My second is in a nylon sheath made for a 'super knife' that I bought at Cabela's, there is a big flap at the bottom that I cut off, and my wife is going to mod it to carry a spare cell. It likewise is a perfect fit and was inexpensive.

Hope this helps.

Minimoog

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies folks.

On the latest HDS sales, the clip is better than the old one so I will probably leave it on and use the Ripoff nylon holster - thanks Nightshade for the link (and for the offer of the loan).

I now have some snap-ring pliers on order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Thanks again,

Ian