Surefire L4 and a Mountain Bike--MOD Question.....

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
This question is for all the super electro-geeks on this website...
Is there a way to attach my KL4 head to the handlebars of my mountain bike and have it run off of some kind of battery pack that would fit into a water bottle holder mounted on the frame? I've seen this kind of setup on police bikes with mini flashers, and I'm wondering if anyone could make this, and if so how long would the battery pack last. (Also how much $$$ would it cost??)
Thank you ahead of time for reading this dream of mine. I can't imagine a better light to light up an ENTIRE trail at night.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire L4 and a Mountain Bike--MOD Question.

You would need some kind of adapter to screw onto the back of the KL4 head, it could be plastic but preferably should be metal in order to provide some heatsinking when stationary. Then the negative and positive contacts would simply need to be connected to the KL4 and held in position by the adapter. Definitely do-able by someone who has the machining skills and equipment.

Alternatively, use the entire L4 body, put in a Delrin plug or something with a contact to touch the positive pole, and a screw cap on the back to contact the body itself for grounding, wired to your power system. That's about as far as my imagination takes me.