is the show over there acurate at all?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is the show over there acurate at all?im watching it just wondering aint sure if i like it yet

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Before you two get into an Abbot and Costello routine:

Over There is a dramatic show about a sergeant and his platoon stationed in Iraq and how the lives of their families are affected at home.

I have no idea how realistic it is.

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I just started watching this show and I think it's up to Steven Bochco's usual standards. I've been a fan of NYPD Blue, so when I heard he had a new show out I had to check it out. I've found the show to be quite graphic and in your face with it's brutal depictions of war. Definitely worth checking out, but not for the faint of heart.

DarkLight

Enlightened
there was an article on msn somewhere with army vets talking about the show..some said it was a fair but not totally accurate, others said it was completely inaccurate...Personally I think its a tv show......

prob accurate at times...prob WAY off base in some areas..

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably will show that platoon having more "action" in the first season (how long is a season again? 30ish episodes?) then the entire 3rd ID (M) did during their entire tour during the invasion.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i watched the end of it i dont like it at all they never showed if they got the missles back.i mean come on so now i guess i must watch next week.

D

dwflash

I got the impression that an air strike was called to destroy them.

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
"Probably will show that platoon having more "action" in the first season (how long is a season again? 30ish episodes?)"

More like 13 episodes. But that's always been the case, private detectives don't get hit on the head every week and still function in real life, MDs don't get to trace the origin of mysterious & exotic diseases no one expects to find in Kansas, the roof doesn't collapse with every fire, etc.