Any good D / C cell aluminium led flashlight?

ckl

Newly Enlightened
big brand like streamlight do not had this type of light..i am disappointed!

techwannabe

Newly Enlightened
Hey ckl, Check out the LEDBEAM 3c 3watt. Like Paul in Maryland said, the affordable thrower!! It's unreal and a unreal price too!!

ckl

Newly Enlightened
thx, but i think i only like big brand....so, can streamlight twintask can be used as a LED light? i mean when the xenon get burn out...

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
ckl
Welcome to CPF, when I started out on CPF I was in the same boat, looking for that D cell light and so I went to ElektroLumens and bought the Blaster Bl-1 2D cell and the
Tri-star 3 LED monster. That was a few years ago and the
lights are still going stromg

Reptilezs

Enlightened
pelican makes some c/d led flashlights. take a look at lightwave too

edit: oh aluminum? take a look at tektite. they have one with a aluminum body and polycarbonate head

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Whoa, nice list.

I was able to play with one of the Dorcy D cell lights from Target. It was pretty nice.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
None of the Targets by me (Indiana) had any of those when I checked a couple of weeks ago. Other than the smooth reflector (why do so many people insist on using smooth reflectors when faceted reflectors are so much better?)itwould be a great light for anything if you don't need a small light.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
The Target on at Southport and Emerson on the south side of Indy had them as of the middle of last week.

Where in Indiana are you? I am on the south side of Indy.

The_virus

Enlightened
Checkout Lightwave's lights, depending on the beam type you want they may offer one up your alley. Their Pro series runs for long periods and provides flood, while their Infiniton series are tight spots. The Ininiton series is aluminum coated with rubber for grip etc.

Dorcy has a Luxeon D cell and a newer D cell version for their "Super 1 watt" series. Both are supposed to be pretty good, although I've never seem them for sale locally.