I have a problem with some lights

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of my lights arent functioning to there fullest potential... I tested them by attaching the battery to the side of the tube with a peice of metal, this turns the light on, and it is actually brighter than when I actually activate it using the clicky. So, this means I am picking up resistance in the tailcap. The lights are: Longbow micra, and VG fb1 body (this is the second time I have had the problem with Fb1, and I am beginning to think they all have the problem).

Has anybody else noticed this? Does anybody know how to fix this problem? thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-David

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know too much about those specific lights, but try cleaning the contacts with a pink pencil eraser and see if that helps.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have tried the pink pencil eraser thing on my maglite kroll too, and it did improve the beam. Also, for the kroll, try replacing the spring with the standard minimag tailcap spring. This REALLY helped, and it got rid of the dimness of my MadMax module. Either because the spring was newer than the kroll spring or it was made in a different (better) way, it worked.

My little thread about that Here

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, I just fixed my micra, I flushed it with water, then took the clicky out and dried it.... and I think the small gold spring was supposed to attach to the big one, so I attached them... works now, but I dont know how long.

Now I need help with my VG FB1. I've tried... it isnt working. how do you dissasemble?

I appreciate it guys.

-David

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Make sure the tail cap threads are clean then lube with a conuctive lube. Dirt and grease on the threads could be causing resistance.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
But I had the same problem with my other FB1, and it had the problem right when I got it. This is the new version... I think that all of them have the problem. If anyone has a new FB1, can you test it for us. thanks.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went and tried to fix my micra... now it doesnt work at all... Why cant they make it right the first time?

-David