Tell me about your secret lunch spot.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is partially a repost from another thread.

I like finding hidden spots for lunch. Do you have any you would be willing to share? Locally, I'll only tell a few people about my absolute favorite hidden eateries. There is a place within a few miles called Acadia and I've only told 4 or 5 people about it. Limited white table cloth seating and serving some of the finest Country Cajun Cuisine I've ever had. This is from a guy that grew up in Louisiana.

I wouldn't want to go to Monk's diner with Jerry and Elaine but I've always wanter to go to Tom's restaurant with George and Cosmo. It must be nice to walk a block or two to get a nice lunch.

There's a little town named Carlisle on the old road to Memphis that serves up one heck of a fine lunch. Just get off the super slab, hang a right over the railroad tracks, take a left and look for all the pick-up trucks. Try to go on Tuesday. That's roasted chicken day. You get a half of a succulant roasted chicken, your choice of three sides, green bean cassarole, butter beans, navy bean soup, corn, roasted carrots, yams, peas, blackeyed peas, mashed potatoes or homemade stuffing (get the stuffing),plus dinner role or cornbread (get the cornbread) and a cold drink. "Honey, do you want sweet tea or regular tea?"

That ain't all. Then you get your choice of dessert, apple pie, pecan pie, strawberry shortcake, chocolate cake, peach cobbler or blackberry cobbler. Might as well have a complimentary cup of coffee too.

All this with a wink and a smile from one of the curvey waitresses for a whopping five bucks. Man, that's one powerful good lunch. Seinfeld? What was I thinkin'?

-------------

- Jeff

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The best little place I know of in Seattle is called the Two Bells, just a hair north of the most densly populated portion of downtown Seattle.

When I lived in the area, I'd go there quite regularly - much more than every other place put together.

Good little eatery, and good little drinkery for that matter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There's a spot near the lake that's close enough to work to be accessible. It's a nice break, and the geese seem to appreciate my leftovers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually my car when I get sick of being interrupted during my lunch break, but dang if I'm ever headed towards Memphis, I'll remember this thread!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't have an eatery to tell you about really. Well, "The Hop" in Shepherd,TX has quite decent food.

But in years past I would often park near one of two airports and eat whatever I had brought. Not sure if I could get to either spot these days!

Saaby

Flashaholic
There's 2 places in SLC, but they're not all that secret /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There's Big City Soup -- good soup. There's a bit of "Soup Natzi" feel to the place, just because of the way you order, but really they're quite nice. Pricy, but man that's some fine soup. I could eat it on a 100º day. Soup comes with bread, a starlight mint, and andes mint, and a cheese stick.

Then just around the corner is Caputo's Deli. I've worked right next to this place for over a year and just finally made it over there the other day. There's a reason they're voted the #1 deli in the state. Authentic italian meats on bread that tastes buttered even though it's not with just a hint of balsamic drizzled on. Mmmm...I've been craving it for days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Like I said, neither is really secret or obscure, but as long as you don't go on lunch hour neither is terribly busy either.

Big City Soup
Caputo's

flashlite

Enlightened
I think the secret got out on the place I go to. There's a sign outside that says "Over 99 Billion Served". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nightshade

Enlightened
Hidden in plain sight: JP's Barbeque ribs at Bolton Airport. Some of the worlds best BBQ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KTZR
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif