Looking for a cheaper alt.

justcramit

Newly Enlightened
I like the Surefire Executive but do not like the price. I need help finding a cheaper alternative.
Thanks

greenLED

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! One of the current favorites 'round 'ere is the Qiii (Lux-based). On the incan-side of things, the Pelican M6 is a pretty nice light, although slightly bigger than the E2e (the PM6 is about the same size as a SF 6P, if that helps any).

Take a moment to visit my "CPF Specials" thread for a list of vendors who are kind enough to offer discounts to CPF members. Might save a buck or two.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um, hello? Maybe you should mention what you're using your Surefire E1e for, and what your requirements are, since it's hard to suggest a cheaper alternative.

Since you posted in the LED forum, I assume this means you're interested in a LED-based solution? One thing you could try, if you need a small CR123-based solution is the Nuwai Q-III, which is both compact and has a fairly good output for the price you're paying.

Bob_G

Enlightened
Hmm, you seem to be saying you want a 2x123-3W Luxeon with a spotty beam, well under 100 bucks, 5.x inches and at least 1.5 hour runtime. The SL Scorpion sounds like a good alternative to me.

Review

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incidentally, the Scorpion LED isn't a 3W Luxeon, IIRC - I've used it it he store, and the optics are pretty good, but it's not a 3W. Another alternative if he wants something with a spot-beam and well under a hundred dollars, is to go the Inova T3/XO3 route.

techwannabe

Newly Enlightened
LEDBEAM 3C 3watt, get 3 at $30.00 each and free shipping. It's unreal!! go to LEDBEAM.COM, I did. The affordable thrower as Paul in Maryland says.

Bob_G

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, the Scorpion LED isn't a 3W Luxeon, IIRC - I've used it in the store, and the optics are pretty good, but it's not a 3W.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, you're right. It's output is so much better than the usual LuxI I always assumed it was a LuxIII. Interesting ...

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bob_G said:
[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, the Scorpion LED isn't a 3W Luxeon, IIRC - I've used it in the store, and the optics are pretty good, but it's not a 3W.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, you're right. It's output is so much better than the usual LuxI I always assumed it was a LuxIII. Interesting ...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably because it's using something other than the NX-01 optics which came with early LuxI-based products. The Scorpion, IMO, has a much better optic system than most of those (or even the Longbow or similar 1W) lights do, which improves the output remarkably.