How many lamps and batteries do you need?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I've never seen anyone discuss this before and now seems like a good time.

Flashlights always need bulbs and batteries. How many of each should you have before you can feel "comfortable" with the flashlight you have? With my E2, for example, do I need 3 spare bulbs, and 24 batteries? Spare lens?

I'm not talkin about an end of the world scenario or someone who goes through a set of batteries every other night. Just in general terms, please.

Brock

Flashaholic
Well I use an E2 at work all the time and keep an E2 in my car. So I have a SC with 6 batteries and a spare lamp at home, car and work. I feel comfortable with that setup. Usually I have at least 2 spare lamps around for each light I actually use. I probably have at least 36 123's at home also, but I have a lot of 123 lights
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I like to have atleast one spare lamp (of each type) for my torches.

I usually have some SCs in my bag - filled with batteries, but also a spare back home.

Batteries. I hope to have a store of about 40-60 SF123As that I wouldn't normally dip into, and have SCs filled with fresh ones.

PayPal is not playing ball with me at the moment. So my SF123As are sitting at Tims.

Al

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would feel "comfortable" with two spare lamps for each flashlight. Regarding batteries, I can never have "enough." Have been thinking about following Aluminum Overcast's example and getting the 72-pack of lithium 123s from AGR. (Am I sick, or what?!?...wait, don't answer that.)
smile.gif

I don't keep spare lenses, although that is a thought, since I recently melted the one on my 9P.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I kind of a "be prepared" freak. I like to have spare batteries for every battery operated device I own and carry, and in the case of a light - at least one spare bulb.

I have a neat little pouch for my 2 AA cell Min-Mag flashlight. It has two sleeve type pockets in it, one for the light, and another for a plastic tube which holds 2 spare AA batteries and a spare bulb. This is the rig I carry, camping backpacking, etc. Even in my attache case at work.

For my other applications, I carry a little compartmented case which will holds a variety of batteries and bulbs.

I have tried to convert to devices that use AA or AAA cells as much as I can. Modern devices using those batteries are greatly improved. I rarely carry a flashlight that uses D cells. I don't own anything that uses C cells.

Just my way of doing things.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:
I've never seen anyone discuss this before and now seems like a good time.

Flashlights always need bulbs and batteries. How many of each should you have before you can feel "comfortable" with the flashlight you have? With my E2, for example, do I need 3 spare bulbs, and 24 batteries? Spare lens?

I'm not talkin about an end of the world scenario or someone who goes through a set of batteries every other night. Just in general terms, please.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>