Re-Lensing a Stinger-Need some help please....

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couple of mechanic buddies at the garage that I go to have Streamlight Stinger rechargables. They have enjoyed running these for years except for one nagging problem:

They are melting the lenses. When they get a replacement lense from Streamline, they are sent the entire head.

Question:

I was going to direct them to Flashlightlens.com, or the Shoppe for replacement lens upgrade.

Is there an upgrade glass lens for the standard Stingers? Is the Stinger Lens size 55 MM, or some other size?

Also-is it a hassle getting to the lense in these (wondering because they are sent a new head-not just a lense). Any tricks or tips on this operation?

Appreciate any info on this, as I am unfamiliar with Streamline products and mods.

Thanks,
Rich

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I put B270 lenses in all my co-workers Stingers (we're mechanics too) and never had a problem even when dropping them. My Stinger is converted to 6V so it needed the glass lens. Got the B270 custom cut from Chris/flashlightlens. You need a special tool to change the lens which cost $60. I made my own lens removal tool. Info

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
W/out the tool, it's not user replaceable.

The glass lenses are nice, but do not have any anti-shock protection.

-dan

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif I had a feeling there were some modders into Stingers. This should get my buddies going. Thanks!

Rich