anyone have a Blaster Jr and a UK LED?

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i got a electro lumens blaster jr for my uncle. it was that or the UK 1 watt LED. does anyone have both of them with some beam shots side by side and maybe give a short review about them? my reason for getting the blaster jr was because it is a 3watt, takes 3AA (less batteries saves $$ and less hassel to carry so many batteries with you) and seems easier to change batteries. UK is 1watt, takes 4AA and read that changing batteries gets some use to. i guess i would have gone for the UK overall if only it was a 3watt, but now i'm thinking maybe i should have instead of the blaster jr.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the UK eLED and personally, I don't think there are too many ways you can compare it to the Blaster Jr.
UK= regulated,,,,, Jr=unregulated

UK=1w LED driven at, or close to specs,,,,,Jr= 3W LED driven initially higher than specs

UK=10hrs regulated output, 50-80hrs diminishing,,,,Jr= 8hrs (more) diminishing throughout.

If I could afford it, I'll buy both!

PhantomZ

Enlightened
thanks eebowler,

basicly i like to see the beam quality and the brightness. i'm happy with the runtime for both. 8 hours for any light is good. just hopeing i made a good choice for my uncle.

maybe i should have posted this in the LED section? mods pls move this if you feel its necessary. i postes this at 6 in the morning so i forgot the rules.