Nuwai Q-III question

justcramit

Newly Enlightened
Ive chosen the Nuwai Q-III as my 1st non maglite flashlight. I'll most likely get it on Ebay. My question is: Has there been any upgrades to this flashlight? I just want to make sure the seller isn't selling me an older model. Thanks

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, justcramit. You can ge the Q-III from various vendors here, and I believe Amondotech carries it as well, so you can save yourself the eBay trip, where the prices may actually be higher than the ones which you'll find on the Dealer's Corner or through supporting dealers here.

As far as the Q-III goes, there are no manufacturer-released improvements, though one of our vendors here (LiteMANIA/ViKi/Warren of Vehicletech) has in the past sold Q-IIIs which he had upgraded to include mineral-glass lenses and two-stage switches. Otherwise, the only improvements made are by individual sellers who may have upgraded their Q-III at one point or another.

I believe he still has some of these HA-III upgraded versions left, if you check with him - they also had the emitters upgraded so that the performance is more 'standard' (non-upgraded versions vary in Luxeon bin, and thus have slightly different runtimes and color tints).

L

LITEmania

Haesslich : Thanks.

justcramit : To be a frugal gourmet at CPF, you better disclose your location. If you are in Canada, buy a Q-III from Amondotech and buy a two-stage switch from Goldserve. Don't need to order from far east where I am located.
Q-III is one of good gear anyway.

Warren,

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speak of the devil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warren - Amondotech doesn't ship to Canada anymore. He'd have to buy it from j2flashlights if he wants a Canadian source, or else find a CPFer willing to act as a middleman for him, like KGBMan.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Click on the CPF Specials link on my sigline, and you'll find a list of vendors who offer reduced prices for CPF members. I keep hearing good things about LITEmania too.

Welcome to CPF!

Last edited:

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Click on the CPF Specials link on my sigline, and you'll find a list of vendors who offer reduced prices for CPF members. I keep hearing good things about LITEmania too.

Welcome to CPF!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've dealt with Litemania/Warren before - he's the guy who, along with Mark2 in Europe, first brought the Q-III to our boards in any significant numbers. Very good guy to deal with, and prompt on the shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

I'd suggest picking up the HA-III version from him, myself.