6 Buds or 6 Cokes

matt_j

Enlightened
What's better for your health and diet?

Soda has more sugar but beer has alcohol which is bad for you liver. Both taste good.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't drink six sodas in a row. Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about beer. I do drink two or three cans of diet Pepsi most every day.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmm, Bud is beer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
(if it has to be Bud I'll take the cola /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

In fairness, both aren't good f youare dieting, and six cans of beer when taken daily is a bit much, but a little alcohol every day is said to have health benefits.

Geologist

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Hmm, Bud is beer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
(if it has to be Bud I'll take the cola /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

better change the thread to "beers" unless you aren't referring to beer.
Me no like Amerincan Budweiser and I'm not really fond of the original Czech version either.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
matt_j said:
(snip) Both taste good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Diet Coke with lime, so I'll agree with you there, but Bud?

Seriously... Bud? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

No wonder you're worried about your health.

If you want a beer, try a real Pilsner like a Miller Genuine Draft, at minimum.
Rice beer is okay for a change of pace, but leave it to the experts like Asahi, Kirin, or Tsingato.

I am afraid that too many people equate the biggest advertising budget with the best brew. Fortunately that's changing. Even with AB cutting their pricing across the board, Miller and others are whittling away their market share.:

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I feel better after 6 buds than I do with 6 cokes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I try to only have one soft drink a day. I don't do beer.

The only way /\ gets blown is if I have a fast food lunch. I can't walk away from a large fountain drink though it might be lemonade...

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm guilty of downing 6 (or more) beers now and then, I still like to think they aren't as bad as regular (not diet) Cola. Not to mention the caffine, the sugar alone puts you on the short track to type 2 diabetes. While both drinks pack the same caloric content give or take (Beer is slightly less on average), there is absolutely nothing nutritive in soda, and unless it was my only source of calories I would stay away from it. In small quantities (3 or less for men) beer has been proven to be beneficial to health (note that light beer has shown no benefit)- it even has a little protein. That's not to say a six-pack every night is a good idea, but you get the drift.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'd have to say the 6 cokes is healthier. According to some health magazines that I read, 1 or 2 beers is actually good for you, but after that they become harmful. So if the question is 1-2 beers vs. 1-2 cokes, then I'd say the beer, but after than it's the coke that is healthier.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neither, quart of Gatorade and quart of water please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am not a really big fan of soda, I do have a beer every now and then though (New Castle Brown Ale, Corona's, Heinekein, Budweiser in cans (my dads), Becks, and Bacardi Silver/Smirnoff Ice currently are in stock in the alcohol fridge.)

Alcohol wise, 6 shots of Grey Goose or Bacardi 151, a lot healthier than 6 cola's or buds, NOT, haha.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely 6 Cokes for me. I don't like beer. It's WAY too bitter for me. I drink too much soda, I know, but at least I can drink 6 Cokes and go out for a drive without the threat of a DUI or it's tragic consequenses.

It's not uncommon for me to put a steak or a few burgers on the grill, bake some steak fries, and wash that down with 5 or 6 pops. MMMM....MMMM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

pradeep1

Enlightened
I think calorically they are about the same (150 calories per can). Coke (regular) will have more sugar and more carbohydrates. Beer has alcohol. So I guess the question is what is your intent, since they both suck healthwise. If you need to get s***faced, then Bud. If you want to get fat, Coke would be more efficient, since the carbohydrate induced sugar high will increase your cravings for more carbohydrates and keep you munching and eating longer.

X33

Enlightened
Just have the Cokes before and the beers after work and you'll be fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Grummond

Newly Enlightened
Well the way I see it is if you drink 6 cokes the danger is the caffeine and sugar. You can if you so choose opt for diet cokes without too much noticeable difference in taste (as far as I can tell).

Now with beer obviously the danger to your health is alcohol and you could possibly opt for alcohol free beer but that would kind of defeat the object.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Personally I would not want to drink 6 beers every day once and a while I think is okay (although thinking about it I have not had a beer yet this year!)
I may be wrong on this but I would guess that beer is more fattening than regular soda, so it seems that both are bad but one also has the added health risk involving alcohol.

6 cokes if it has to be the sugar packed stuff is not good but I would definitely say was less unhealthy.
Recently I have been making an effort to drink lots of water, nothing fancy just what comes out of the tap and I have to admit I feel a lot better for it.

Now if only I could cut back from smoking 60 cigarettes a day!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Latest posts