Best L4 LED replacement?

BPeplinski

Newly Enlightened
I want to replace the LED in my L4 because of its tint and runtime. What is the best replacement and where do I get it?
I saw a thread about putting a lux 3 in. Will that give me a better runtime? I want to stay with a white LED. I keep reading about the different bins and am totally lost. So basicaly what is the best and where do I get it? TIA.

-Brian

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Interesting. How many hours are on it? How old? Is it "Weak" (Dim)?. SureFire says is a lifetime warranty so it should ge fixed for free. I have several of the 5 watt rated at 500 hour 5 watt SF lights. A LOT of people will be interesred in this.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think the runtime will increase, because the LED will be driven to the same extent do to the regulation circuitry. Again, I am not sure.

-David

BPeplinski

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the delay in a response. I was thinking that a lower wattage LED would increase runtime, but now that the driven amperage was mentioned I am reconsidering. The light is almost brand new (still on the original batts). The tint is very grey and un-natural. The LED is also nowhere near centered in the reflector giving almost a "D" shaped beam.