KL1, Gen ??

goldenlight

Enlightened
There are 4 generations. The first 3 had circumfrental rings for heat dissipation.

The first two were low dome Luxeons with a violet beam. 1st generation had a smooth bezel. 2nd gen. had slight crenelations in the bezel, so you could see light spilling out of the scallops if you put it bezel down, while turned on.

3rd gen., the least common, had a high dome Luxeon I. This is the one I greatly prefer. The beam is just about identical to my Arc LSH-P.

4th gen. has a different shaped head; very similar to a KL4, but using a Luxeon III with a Tiros optic to project a tight beam with almost no spill light at all. Many people like this, but I prefer the spill light the 3rd. gen. provides, and still has respectable throw.

The 4th. gen KL1 is best suited for outdoor use, as it's too bright and tight for close up, IMHO, making it less versatile than the 3rd gen KL1.

Just my 2¢

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think only the third and fourth generations have the FC on the head. I didnt like my 3rd generation kl1, it didnt throw enough, and it wasnt good enough for flood.

-David