BEST torch for rechageable batteries 123's

PilasHungry

Newly Enlightened
BEST torch for rechageable batteries 123\'s

Howdy guys.....I'm so happy I found this site.
I've been looking to buy a couple more F-lights, So far, I owned 2 sure fire 6P's and I want to get an Arc AAAp after I learned in this site that this is a great little flashlightt and I need to pick up another bigger one.

The only problem is: I want to start using rechargeables as I do with my alkalines, I want to save money and conserve resources.

Please advise.

thanks

I moved from another thread thanks to greenLED

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BEST torch for rechageable batteries 123\'s

There are quite a few lights and configurations one can use with rechargeable lithiums. I think we'll need more information to give you some ideas. For example, what do you mean by a larger light? Maglite size or do you want something with more output? Also, what kind of rechargeables do you want to use? Are you thinking LED or incandescent?

For starters, the SF 6P that you own can be converted to rechargeable with a P90 and 2 RCR123a batteries. You can add an A19 cell extender and use 2 Pila 150s batteries as well. An AAA size NiMH should work in your ARC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Welcome to CPF, PilasHungry, and why dontcha stay awhile!

Based on your handle, you probably have Pilas already, which can power your SF, or a Pila light, or a Lionheart. And when you move into 1xR123 you might consider an Arc4+ or an HDS, or a Lioncub, or an LED, like a KL4 on an E2e.

As leukos sez, what do you want to use the light for?

welcome again,
daloosh

seattlite

Enlightened

I currently have this combo: Vital Gear F2/P91/2 x MP 4.2V RCR123 .

Note that the VG F2 body is SF E-series compatible. So, you could use the VG F2 head on any SF E-series compatible body.

PilasHungry

Newly Enlightened

Kewllll....
I like the idea to upgrade what I already have. so far I get 65 lumens for 60 mins., How much more would I get with the upgrade and the pilas?

I will getting the Arc soon

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SF 6P with a P90 and 2 RCR123a batteries. The P90 bulb is rated at 105 lumens. You will get somewhat less due to the rechargable batteries but it isn't really noticable. I use this setup and get a run time of around 20 minutes. My rechargables are protected R123's from JSBurly.

You can add an A19 cell extender to your 6P and use 2 Pila 150s batteries as well. I have this exact setup. You can then use the P90 or P91 bulb with this setup. I am using the P91 bulb rated at 200 lumens. I get a run time of around 20 minutes. The P90 bulb will give you around 50 minutes. Again, you will get somewhat less brightness due to the rechargable batteries but it isn't really noticable.

What I do like about these setups is that the brightness of the light stays constant and does not dim like with lithium 123's. The downside is when the batteries go dead the light just turns off without much warning.

Both of these setups have become my favorites. I really like the modularity / flexiblity of the 6P.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Don't forget the 3W dropin LED for the 6P you can get from BugOut Gear or Lighthound, and the forthcoming 5W dropin head as well. More modularity and flexibility fer ya!

daloosh

buba

Newly Enlightened

The protected 17500 AW is offering in the Dealer thread is a low cost alternative to Pila 150s. I have used AW's protected RCR123's, 17650's and chargers and like them.