Productive Target Trip (Good Price Alert)

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I went to Target today for lunch. I found some nice deals that may interest CPFers.

The first bargain I found is somewhat well known. It is the Brinkmann Maxfire LX for 16.99. This also comes with a holster which doesn't fit it ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) and two Energizer lithiums.

I ran into Target yesterday to get some groceries and saw that the Dorcy Super 1 Watt 3D was 29.99. Today when I went in it was 21.99! Before I knew what was happening I was holding a nicely centered example in my hands on the way to the register. This is a pretty nice light. The threads are smooth it has a rubber grip and rubber anti-roll hex bezel collar. I can't wait to see how this thing throws.

On a non-light related note: They also have Leatherman Micras for 14.99 on a "Price Drop." I picked 1 of those up as well.

So head over to your local Target!

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
matthewdanger said:
Before I knew what was happening I was holding a [insert flashlight name here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif] in my hands on the way to the register.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, boy, does that sound familiar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Good finds! I love Target's prices. My wife goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif everytime we walk in 'cuz I go straight to the flashlight isle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
My [insert name here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif] goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif everytime we walk in 'cuz I go straight to the flashlight isle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, boy, does that sound familiar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pradeep1

Enlightened
That's exactly what my wife does too. In fact, that's about the only thing I do purchase at Target. That and PC games on sale sometimes.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only LED flashlights at Target in Australia are mone
They only have the crappy throw away plastic incadescents,

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Well I played with the Dorcy a fair amount last night. That thing throws pretty darn well. Oh and I opened it up and what do you know... a nice R bin star. I think I'll try to pick up a few more at this price.

The_virus

Enlightened
We don't have Target in Canada as far as I know. Has anyone found a Canadian retailer which carries the Dorcy Super 1 Watt 3D? Dorcy lights are easy to find, but the 1W series is a bit of a challenge.

WDR65

Enlightened
Just picked up the 3D here in Raleigh. Nice hotspot with more spill than my Dorcy Metal Gear 3AAA. Its hotspot actually shows up in the middle of my KL3's hotspot even though the beam isn't quite as nice. I looked at the Maxfire also and I keep debating picking one up to keep in my truck instead of one of my Tl-3, maybe later.

watt4

Enlightened
went to the local Target yesterday, the 3xD dorcy was still priced 29.99

fyi, today the local Office Depot had 4-packs of AAA lithiums for $4.01

also, saw a link to a brinkman sale, don't know how long it will be "good" brinkman

solarwinds

Newly Enlightened
I bought and returned the 3xD Super 1-watt Dorcy to Target. The tint of the LED was too bluish, and the flashlight was a little too heavy.

Maybe I'm spoiled by the 3AAA Luxeon Metal Gear. Its Luxeon is totally white, and it's lightweight.

flashlightdave

Newly Enlightened
Glad you all like the Super 1W 3D. I had one for a couple of weeks but I had one little problem that kept showing up. Everytime I would leave it on its side for a while the batteries would begin to heat up tremendously. Especially the one in the middle. It happened three different times with three different sets of batteries. I was really bummed so I ended up returning it but I loved the throw and had great sidespill also. Maybe I just got a defective one because I would love to get another one if it was just an isolated case.

Could some of ya'll try it out and let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

flashlightdave

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Checked one out yesterday at Target. Price was $21.99. It just seemed too big for my flashlight needs. A long runtime would have its advantages, but since I've recently acquired a Metal Gear Dorcy I've at least got the throw I was lacking. I assume both units use the same Luxeon, so except for a larger reflector performance should be similar.

Geoff

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The 3D has a tighter spot, with some Corona and good spill. And it will SLAUGHTER the 3AAA in runtime!

That said, I wish my 3AAA's LED was in my 3D for the tint, though it's not that bad.

Setting my 3D on it's side as I push "continue"

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to target in CA today and no special flashlight deals there. I looked at the dorcy luxeons and didn't think the leds were mounted in the reflectors at the right height. Usually when staring 'down the barrel' the die is magnified in the reflector, and the samples I viewed weren't well focused.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I now have two of the Super 1 Watt 3D. The second one is very white and nicely centered. It is another nice R-bin star. however this one does not focus near as well os the other. It gives a very tiny and less intense spot surrounded by a smaller smooth corona. Then, the spot and corona are surrounded by the typical large spill area.