Had to take my 3yo to the doctor today ...

jhereg

Enlightened
If I look at it afterwards it's pretty funny, at the time it wasn't quite so funny. I got a frantic call from my mother about 1:00 this afternoon. (She watches my son during the day.) Apparently he had shoved some foam up his nose & into his nostril. Was screaming that it hurt & coughing/sneezing/gagging. Checked with my ex & arranged to meet her at the doctors. When we got there & finally saw the doctor, we found it was gone. He sneezed it out 1 block from the doctors office. (I found it later.) It's amazing what a young child will stick in various parts of their body.

Topper

Flashaholic*
yes it is. I am glad he is OK, my son Eric at around that age picked up a stink bug and put it in his mouth after I told him "no, put that down it's nasty" he looked me square in the eye and did it anyway. I did nothing to stop him at all I might have even started to laugh already. Little bitty short kid already staring me down thinking he is the boss. It might have been 3 seconds before he spit it out still alive when I reached down to pick it up to move it away he started "NO NO NO Natty Bad" like he was telling me something I needed to know. He talks better now at 14 but he still thinks he knows every thing.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
Your reaction was fine. The foam could have begun to disintegrate or been inhaled. This would have caused serious problems.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Glad your son's OK! Ahhh, the stuff they cram into the most unexpected places...

Topper, "he talks better now at 14 but he still thinks he knows everything" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My brother put a small rock in my ear when we were kids. Took my Mom over an hour to fish it out.
He got a good whipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif.

jtice

Flashaholic
Whoa, glad hes ok Andy,

Dont think you over reacted though, that sorta thing can turn real bad, fast.

Dont have kids of my own (im only 25)
but practically raised my little sister and brother,
MAN, its amazing how a kid can make ANY object deadly.

~John