So I go to buy a SF U2 today....

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
And I come out with a U2 AND a M6!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holy crap I am a CPFer!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now that makes it a A2 (Blue)/ M3 / U2/ M6!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I love them all, they are awesome lights. Thank god I have a decent job or I would be Broke!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BTW: I got the U2 out the door for $213.00 I got the M6 for $319.00 out the door. Both after tax. Pretty good deal if ya ask me!! (Comparing w/ MSRP)

-PSM

BTW: I have an HDS EDC Ultimate 60 XR GT on the way in the mail.. (should ship 8/19/2005)

Sorry not rubbing it in, its just that you folks are the only ones who understand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PS- SF is sending out all the new M6's with the 500 lumen bulb (MN21) ONLY. The 250 lumen bulb (MN20) is on backorder so SF didnt want to hold up production.

There is a post card in the new M6 box that tells the consumer he or she can call customer service and either get put on a list for the 250 lumen bulb when it gets released, or you have the option of getting another 500 lumen bulb. (Free of course)

Since I'm a newbie flashaholic I think I'm going to get another 500 lumen bulb!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TorchMan

Enlightened
Nice to hear about your toys. And the U60 GT XR coming too? Sweet! I don't feel like your rubbing it in. I understand.

I'm waiting on UPS to bring my Gladius. Scheduled for delivery today, I'm starting to lose hope as the light fades. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

500 lumens? I'll bet your lighting up the night!

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you had a very big day even by CPF standards. You might be completely out of control. That's great!

You might need to join my patented 12 step program.

Buy a new flashlight every week for the next twelve weeks.
That way your vice simply becomes a habbit. No worries.

BTW, I think you will find the U2 pretty amazing even when compared to the other SF's.

Mark

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I love my U2, exellent light. Bright, white, and best of all, adj. output!!!

I did notice one thing, it rings high pitch on the lowest setting, and only the lowest setting. Doesnt bother me though.

That M6 is bright!!! Lovin that for when i hear something in the night, cant wait!!!

12 steps sounds good 2 me!!!

Take care,
PSM

LowWorm

Enlightened
PSM, if you ever get the urge to spread the joy, PM me for my address - I'd be more than happy to share in the happiness of getting a new flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's kind of like how alcoholics should never drink alone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

Although my recent purchases have been more middle class than your luxury ones, I know that feeling of new-light euphoria. At least I'm not on meth! Some addictions are more benign than others.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PoliceScannerMan said:
...I have an HDS EDC Ultimate 60 XR GT on the way in the mail.. (should ship 8/19/2005)...

[/ QUOTE ]
When you receive the U60, could you post your assessment of that vs the U2? Thanks.

lerch

Newly Enlightened
I'm sick too man!! I bought my first SF on Sat. (an A2 aciator) and just now bought a new U2 with ten extra batteries for $228 out the door. SO in the past five days I've spent $390 on two SF lights and fourty batteries. I am now finished buying lights. I have all I need.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF U2 and M6 is my favorite pair of lights. Sure the U2 can have a lower low setting but this current combo is the 1, 2 punch OUT (U2 offering some punch, M6 dealing out the big OUT.)

I am quite happy, got a MN20 in the mail a few weeks ago, little dimmer than HOLA with longer output, but HOLA all the way for me!

Yes we understand, maybe a bit excessive even for a CPF member, but 4 Surefires (ranging from $185 MSRP to $392 MSRP) and a HDS U60 GT XR in less than ONE month at CPF, you are off to a great start! (I gotta find a job like yours to fund this hobby, LOL, but my other hobby is a bit more expensive though (bought my first car recently and upkeep/gas is expensive).)

I'm in the market for a single cell CR123 with the multiple level options of the HDS line (to replace my Longbow Micra) and a CR2 light to replace my Arc AAA. So I would like to hear what you have to say about the HDS light too!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF U2 and M6 is my favorite pair of lights. Sure the U2 can have a lower low setting but this current combo is the 1, 2 punch OUT (U2 offering some punch, M6 dealing out the big OUT.)

I am quite happy, got a MN20 in the mail a few weeks ago, little dimmer than HOLA with longer output, but HOLA all the way for me!

Yes we understand, maybe a bit excessive even for a CPF member, but 4 Surefires (ranging from $185 MSRP to $392 MSRP) and a HDS U60 GT XR in less than ONE month at CPF, you are off to a great start! (I gotta find a job like yours to fund this hobby, LOL, but my other hobby is a bit more expensive though (bought my first car recently and upkeep/gas is expensive).)

I'm in the market for a single cell CR123 with the multiple level options of the HDS line (to replace my Longbow Micra) and a CR2 light to replace my Arc AAA. So I would like to hear what you have to say about the HDS light too!

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dearie me, it seems only yesterday I was reccommending an a2 to you and now look what's happened. You're on a roll! Don't stop...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
YOU'RE ADDICTED!! (please carry on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

U2 and M6 in ONE DAY.. I simply cannot imagine dropping that much money on lights in one day and this is coming from someone who has a USL on order, but that's ONLY a $300+++ purchase.

lerch

Newly Enlightened
I cant speak for the original poster but I truely believe that my A2 and U2 that I've bought in the past week will be the last flashlights I'll ever buy unless I lose them.
Lerch.

Luxman

Enlightened
I guess you don't believe in "baby steps"...
You have, and are still getting, all Great Lights!!
Have fun this weekend!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
You guys are awesome.

Joe ma, I will post when I recieve my U60 Xr GT and compare w/ U2, but let it be known I am no expert, I am quite the newbie.

Lerch, I garuantee that these are not my last lights. No offense but you'll crack, just think of 500 lumens in your palm with the M6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That sucker is like a piece of the sun crammed in to a 2d size flashlight.

JasonC381, I just had to play catchup to all the others. I think after a little while I may look into some customs, like Electro-lumens or something like that.

Sigman, I guess i did jump into the fire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I plan on using all these lights, they are not just to "have". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grox, I am intoxicated with the newness of these ultra high quality flashlights. I have always liked lights, but i didnt see the "light" until CPF.

KevinL, I got a deal on both, before taxes it was $200 for the U2. I drove around all day working, thinking about the M6 he had at the place. (He had just recieved this shipment, a ton of E2E's and G2's, two U2's and only one M6) I couldnt let it slip between my fingers. So I went back and he sold it to me for $300 before taxes, he was also a flashaholic!!

270winchester, I will have to look into this megaray, the name sounds good!!!

Luxman, I guess youre right!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The AC went out at the office today, the AC is in the attic. The attic bulb blew, U2 to the rescue!!! Everyone liked the light, I was the hero!!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The U60 and the U2 go together perfectly (coming from a B60/U2 owner, not a U60 but close enough, just lacks the programmable functionality).

I'm also collecting a database of user opinions for those researching their next light purchase, feel free to contribute to the Flashlights Review Database. Open to anybody, any and all comments welcome. We're not expecting professional grade reviews, just "what I like/don't like about this light" would be great. No expertise needed. I'm sure you know what you love about your lights, I certainly do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It seems that you're off to a roaring start, you've even weathered your first "need a light" situation very well, the U2 would be awesome for that!

Agreed with you on the M6. Many times I have gone through that dilemma - it's literally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif now or forever hold your peace! I once had to make a snap decision on a $250 HID custom Maglite in five minutes, and good thing I did - they were almost all gone in less than an hour!