Don't hold your breath for the K2!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don\'t hold your breath for the K2!

<font color="blue"> Waiting for K2 </font>

Incidentally, the industry is still waiting for Lumileds to begin supplying its new Luxeon K2, the updated version of the Luxeon I (one-watt) LED package which was announced to a great fanfare in April at Lightfair. LEDs Magazine was expecting an update on the K2 last week, but this was obviously overtaken by other events.

Unofficial sources suggest that the red, green and blue versions of the K2 could become available in the fourth quarter of 2005, with <font color="red">white to follow in the second quarter of next year</font>, in time for Lightfair 2006.

Source

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Don\'t hold your breath for the K2!

The big question is, what's Future's future in all of this?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif "our" future will be interesting as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Frankly, there are a few things that I won't hold for the K2, my breath being only one of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, look at the bright side, it makes our LUX-III lights' day of obsoleteness a little later-i.e., spending money now won't make us kick ourselves in the balls too soon...That's always a good thing...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe the LRI Proton 60 lumen AA will show up at the same time. Alas, I am used to ship dates slipping for 6 months or more on announced lights and upcoming LEDs.
Such is the life of a LED junkie.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

In that case I'll take a K2 Cyan color bin: 1 in the meantime. Yes that would tide me over!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif 1.5amp pure cyan madness!!

Geologist

Enlightened

Where could run read about the proposed specs of the K2s? Lots of time to read while waiting ya know....