weird problem cant feel fingerno more

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i thought it went to sleep but now its been like 7 days and i still cant feel it at all it moves on comnand but has no feeling what do u think this means

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't sound too good to me raggie. Maybe you have a pinched nerve somewhere (could be well away from the finger). If it's been a week, then at least you know that the circulation is still there. That is a very good thing. You can do without feeling, but not without blood.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Could be the start of carpal tunnel syndrome. Try avoiding repetitive tasks with your hands and see if the numbness goes away.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Raggie:

Need to wear rubber gloves, when making your hot sauce! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, you should see your doctor. Some meds will cause a problem, or you could have a circulatory problem. Are you diabetic?

oldgrandpajack

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
If it's starting on your pinky finger it's probably carpal tunnel.

Try repositioning your mouse and keyboard. You could also try a wrist brace from the drugstore while using the computer or other repetitive hand tasks.

Otherwise, if you're still seeing the doctor for other stuff, be sure to mention it.

MicroE

Enlightened
It sounds like too much typing on CPF.
Now is the time to build that voice-activated PC.

When I had the same problem, I changed to a Microsoft Intellimouse and the new hand position fixed the numbness.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
6600+ post will do that to you Raggie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

unclearty

Enlightened
Had the same problem many moons ago...felt as if it was "asleep" for 4 or 5 days, then went numb. Wound up being a pinched nerve in my neck..I had a bad cervical disc.
Worth getting it checked out...

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Another cause if it's your pinky finger. You could have irratated your Ulnar nerve. It runs over the point of your elbow and is kind of vulnerable. This is the spot where your "funny bone" is. Mine went to sleep for two years after sleeping on my back on the floor. My elbow was resting on the floor while I was sleeping. When I woke up, it was numb. After several doctor visits, they figured out what happened and that they couldn't help me. The Ulnar nerve services your pinky finger and the side of your ring finger next to it. If your problem is your pinky, I'll bet it's also on half your ring finger. It eventually went away and is normal. However I CAN make it numb by doing the same thing.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Likewise the tip of my left index finger has been numb for a few years now. PT swears it's a pinched nerve in my neck but none of her manipulations could get it to disappear.

Latest posts