Anyway to diffuse a KL3 gen 2?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway to diffuse a KL3 gen 2? *add: Can KL3 fit E1 with E2C?

My light : Z2 Combatlight with KL3 gen 2 head

The FM34 beamshaper doesn't look like it'll fit the KL3 gen 2 head and I'm finding the beam is a little too tight for practical use, though I really still love this light.

Is there any aftermarket beamshaper or custom mods I can do to my KL3 head to diffuse the beam? Hopefully, there's a "lid-type" beamshaper out there somewhere so I can easily switch from tight beam to diffused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:

matthewdanger

Enlightened
What is the the bezel diameter of the Gen 2 KL3? I was under the impression that the Gen 2 used standard 1.25" accessories but the Gen 1 used the same as the KL5.

If it isn't the FM34 it's the FM64.

Techmedic

Enlightened
I currently have this exact "problem". The beam is very much pencil-thin with zero spill. Can't use it like this because I can't see my feet when walking. It has zero spill, even in the darkness of northern Ontario. (Canada)

I do have a small piece of 1/8" clear Acrylite with anti-reflective coating on one side (used for LCD viewing windows) that I am going to cut up, make round, and try.
After that, I may purchase the FM64, or get a Bug Out Gear drop in, since the size of the bezel with the KL3 and FM64 will be awkward to carry.
The comparision to the "German WWII grenade" for it's look and size will seem true with the KL3 and FM64. Yuk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi matthewdanger, thanks for the heads up. I don't have vernier calipers here but using a ruler, I measured the bezel to be 1.47" wide and found it on Cones Stuff which put 1.474". I'm guessing the FM64 will fit... but it is a little exp tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

L

LA_Police_Gear

I think the F70 has been discontinued. I think we need to take it off our site...Call first if you need one.

Sean
LA Police Gear, Inc

matthewdanger

Enlightened
The F70 is still somewhat easy to find on Ebay and the like. calling whichever online dealer you want to order from first is a good way to go LEDcandle.

UWAK

Enlightened
Sorry for the OT guys.. can I put the KL3 Gen2 on E1E body with E2C adapter, of course. And how about the run times? Thx.

FRIDS

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
UWAK said:
Sorry for the OT guys.. can I put the KL3 Gen2 on E1E body with E2C adapter, of course. And how about the run times? Thx.

FRIDS

Added your question to my title to get more exposure. (rats, apparently changing the title doesn't affect how its displayed on the main forum)

Btw, just to update on this thread, I did a DIY beamshaper (super crude and rudimentary) just using a sturdy plastic tube that happen to fit over the 1.47" bezel snugly (it is slightly tapered so easy entry then becomes tighter), cut a piece of plastic in a round shape, sandpapered it slightly and stuffed it in the front (like a lens).

It's really basic but it diffuses the light nicely. But no flip lens means no versatility.

Anyone with a used F70 for sale, willing to ship to Singapore do give me a tinker :D haha...

Last edited:

Latest posts