Surefire M3 accessories

matt_j

Enlightened
I just got the M3. What sort of after market accessories I can get for it? Rechargables, sheath, kydex holsters, anything really... I looked at surefire website but didn;t find anything that cought my eye... Any interesting mods?

matthewdanger

Enlightened
KL6! The KL6 is a fantastic 5W LED replacement bezel. The output is amazing and the runtime is good too. It will probably have a slight "donut" but it isn't really noticeable in use.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use 2 Pila 150s in it to make it rechargeable. You will need the spring from JS Burly (need to stretch the spring about a half inch for reliable switching).

I have the red and blue filters for it as well as the beamshaper and I'm happy with all of them. My uses are mainly for outdoor activities though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Flashdark

Enlightened
matt j,

The KL-6 head is a much better thrower. About 100 yrds. or so. The L-2 is strictly flood. I use the L-6 (M-3/KL-6) for an excellent shotgun light. It's limit is about 50 yrds. for serious work, although it will throw twice as far. It's forte is shockproof/distance beam, currently about the best available. Hope this helps.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
matt_j said:

how would that KL6 compare to L2 output?

[/ QUOTE ]

The L2 has a flood beam, while the KL6 is a spot beam, with nice side spill. KL6 is the tightest LED beam Surefire offers, with the Luxeon V LED. The KL6 only fits on the M3, M3T, L6, M4, and M6 bodies. I've got one on my M6 now, for the extremely long runtime (about 3.5 hours). Also have two L6 LED flashlights. I like the KL6! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldgrandpajack