my coucler is awefull

raggie33

*the raggedier*
this is the second time she wants to reschudule man she is suposed to be structure i mean grrrr why is no one do what there suposed to do and she didnt even say if im suposed to see dr that day is it just her or do i miss both appts.i need to see dr and i guess i need to see coucler even though i dont want to they always wanna talk about problems it aint easy in person to talk.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My doctor has a sign in the waiting room that states:
"If you are more than 15 minutes late for you'r appointment you will have to reschedule."
Funny how they don't mind making you wait in the waiting room for an hour or more sometimes.
Of course I know that a Doctor cannot see you at the exact time of you'r appointment every time, but they are also bad to over book their paitents.
I had a surgery scheduled one time and the nurse called me that night, yes it was around 8:30pm, and stated that the Dr. could not do it the next day because of an emergency. I already had the next few days off from work to recover ,without pay by the way. I found out a few days later that his big emergency was playing golf at Myrtle Beach. My wife's friend worked in his office. I found a new Dr. after that and never did let him cut on me. I let him know why I would not be coming back to him too.

nethiker

Enlightened
Hey raggie,

You should still go to your doctor appointment unless your counselor told you specifically not to go. IIRC, this is a new counselor because you had to move. Try to give them a chance and see if your relationship improves. IF not, get a new one. If they are appointed or assigned to you, go to their boss and explain why you wish to see someone else. Hope things improve with you one way or the other.

Greg

LightChucker

Enlightened
I know how you feel, Raggie.

It depends on the situation. Recently, I fired my primary doc because he was trying to get me to schedule too many appointments. It was obvious. Then, it really put me over the top when his nurse called to schedule an appointment so he could talk to me about the results of a nuclear stress test I just had. The problem is that HE DID NOT SCHEDULE THE TEST - MY CARDIOLOGIST DID. Furthermore, the cardiologist had already called to say the test was normal! Now, the primary wanted to make some money off of it too. Sheesh!

Bye, bye doc - you're fired.

On the other hand, when I was having all those surgeries on my left eye to repair a detached retina, the doctor's office called to ask if I would change surgery dates with a little girl. I figured I was probably not going to recover, and the time would be better used for the little girl. So, I said, "OK". I'll never know if it made any difference, or if it was actually a golf game.

Chuck

Chuck

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like her a lot well she is pretty so maybe thats is why but i never ever talk to coulclers still dint talk to this one i dont want to share my thoughts cause when i think about em i cry.hect with that i dont wana cry in front a some one in person.chcuck ya have to see ya drs i hate going to em to.there so dumb i mean the guy i saw a few weeks ago must think im a mind reader. still have no idsea what all them test was for..i called coucler again she dont call back.i hear my shink is a indain never had a indian dr except when i was in hospital i aint sure how i feel about that

raggie33

*the raggedier*
opps forgot to say chcuk that was nice of ya i sure hope it wasnt golf game if it was i hope that dr gets hit by golf cart ;

LightChucker

Enlightened
Raggie, I know you have said that you don't like to talk to people in person, but your doctor is not a "mind-reader" either. They can't read your mind. If you start crying, that is OK. They are trained to deal with that.

Have you tried writing everything on paper first?

I have two files on my computer that I print and take to a doctor's visit: one is all about my long medical history, and the other is for the long list of medicines. These are very, very brief; short and to the point. I hand them to the doctor or dentist on every visit. That way, I don't forget anything, and he doesn't have to ransack through 3 inches of paper trying to remember who I am "medically" - that would take far too much time.

Try it. Write up a document about all your present and past medical conditions (mental too), and another one about the meds you take. You can also have another piece of paper with questions you want to ask. That way, you won't have to talk as much, and you won't forget something.

Chuck

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I know that it's hard to talk to others about your problems. Did you know that crying is actually good for you? It's your body's way of opening up the safety valve to blow off excessive anxiety, and it releases calming endorphins in the process, which is why people feel better (and a lot calmer) after a good cry. It's cathartic, good for the soul. Don't be afraid to cry when your body is telling you that it needs to. It's a sign of strength, not weakness, that you can respond to your body's needs.

Now where did I put that Kleenex? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chuck that is an excellent idea and I do the same with my vision problem. I have time to think about it so I try to keep the report concise as possible without leaving anything out.

[ QUOTE ]
LightChucker said:
I have two files on my computer that I print and take to a doctor's visit: one is all about my long medical history, and the other is for the long list of medicines. These are very, very brief; short and to the point. I hand them to the doctor or dentist on every visit. That way, I don't forget anything, and he doesn't have to ransack through 3 inches of paper trying to remember who I am "medically" - that would take far too much time.
Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope a doctor would not lie about scheduling a little girl's surgery ahead of yours. I would like to think they would not stoop that low for personal reasons.