ballardst20030522508170va.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Re: \"DO NOT LOOK INTO THE LIGHT!!\"

OK I'll admit it, I dont get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Well maybe you need to hit your "refresh" button so the pic loads?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Well maybe you need to hit your "refresh" button so the pic loads?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see the picture, but like I said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Edit: I am guessing that the guy rigged up a lighting device with a flood light so he could paint the walls. And thus in the process is blinded by the light so to speak.
Am I close? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

I cancelled this post earlier. I Googled Teddy Sears and he may be the actor named Chad on "One Life to Live?"- a soap I'm guessing. I don't get it either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Larry

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

This comic strip is one in which the characters do many silly things. Past comics have featured guys with hobbies of digging holes, pogo stick jumping, wearing flowers on their heads, dog decorating, etc.

My interprtation is that this panel has a character who is fascinated by staring into bright lights. Some would consider that silly.

Daniel

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

...almost looks like a panel from "The Quigmans", a cartoon I saw in the Sacramento Bee newspaper in the early-1980s.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Ok...I'm sorry - indeed it's one of those "comic series" that one needs to follow "here and there" and certainly have an "off kilt" view of life & things in general. Click on the link and go to the bottom of the page and click through the days of the month to "get a taste".

Some are absolutely stupid and I don't get them...other's have a real "slight off" sense of humor to them and just help one to laugh at the world.

You folks are looking waaaaaaaaaaay too deep into this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The whole series is meant to "throw you for a loop"...

Don't you remember "The Far Side", this series was voted by our newspaper's subscribers to replace "The Far Side" when Gary Larson quit drawing them.

Guess it's just one of those toons that of course certain papers subscribe to and if one isn't familiar with it...then...

BTW, someone else posted another not too long ago about a fellow loaded down with flashlights...

Oh well....nevermind - I guess!

OH and DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T LOOK INTO THE BEAM OF YOUR TORCHES NOW & THEN (and then say, "Why do I do that?"!! Maybe it "is" just me?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wilsonite

Newly Enlightened

don't feel bad sigman! I am with you, I believe it is some ingrained need to see if it is as bright as it was the first time you did it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I've seen many a green after-image from looking at the wrong end of flashlights and photo-floods! You'd think I'd learn!