Advancemart 0.5 Watt 2 Level AA TM-317X Opinions?

Grummond

Newly Enlightened
Hi Carl.

I got one a one a couple of days ago and love it.

Okay it's a lot bigger than your typical 1xaa light so it's not going to replace an Arc aa or Ultra-G regarding easy carry but then it is still pocketable.

The light seems to be solid and the quality is more than I expected for a light this price but the thing that really surprised me was how bright it is.
On the Lo setting it is about the same as my Nuwai TM301X-3 on Lo.
I would say that when you press the button the second time it is about 3-4 times brighter than my Arc aa / Ultra-G etc.

I also got the smaller Nuwai TM310H in Titanium Silver which is a gorgeous looking little light.

The only thing with the 2 level AA TM-317X that was a little off putting was that the tint was a little too much on the purple side.
My AAA Nuwai TM310H however is WHITE, I mean totally white and very bright for a 1xaaa light.
If I compare it to my older Arc aaa and Sonic-G it is in different league as far as beam quality, brightness and tint go.
I got one in a titanium silver colour from J2LEDFlashlight (got so many black lights I just fancied a change).

Obviously as you know that the colour tint and brightness on lights even of the same make and model can vary so I am not suggesting that mine are typical of all of them, and after reading some reviews especially of the smaller aaa TM310H I am thinking that I was exceptionally lucky.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The sample I evaluated has an icy cool bluish-white color to its beam. If you don't mind this tint, I think it's a good little flashlight, and is expected to rate highly on my website in the very-near future.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Advancemart 0.5 Watt 2 Level AA TM-317X Opini

I got mine because: it had a good, strong lanyard attachment; I liked the 1AA 0.5 W format; and there was a J2LED twofer deal where it cost only a dollar more than the TM-313. Workmanship is good. It's brightness is about equal to TM-311 and TM-313 levels (i.e. underdriven 0.5 W), and the color is pretty good - white with a little blue.

The only disappointing thing is the power drain on the low setting. According to Craig, the low setting on this light puts out 1/3 the light of the high setting but it STILL draws 2/3 the current which means you might as well only have 1 brightness level (like the TM-313X) for all the good it does. I haven't done any runtime tests to confirm the current drain at low, but I see no reason to doubt Craig's measurements.

The light is good on high but - if I didn't need the solid lanyard attachment - I'd probably go for the TM-313 due to its smaller size.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

"there was a J2LED twofer deal where it cost only a dollar more than the TM-313"

NERDGINEER, Was this deal for a better quality LED? Can I still get this deal somewhere?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

LEDninja has correctly pointed out the J2LED deals page I used. My deal has since expired but I see that the current deals (particularly the one for the two TM-313's) are better than the one I got.

BTW, the TM-313X has a regular clickie with a momentary capability while the TM-317 has a reverse clickie.

J

j2ledflashlights

Hey everyone, thanks for supporting J2ledflashlights! We will continue to offer more specials so stay tune for more exciting deals in the future!

Thank you
Jim

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone use this light on a nimh cell? I have been doing so, and would like confirmation. I get 240ma draw on high, but only 40ma draw on low. Even on high, this light would get a flat discharge 9+ hours on a single charge.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
{Foghorn Leghorn voice ON}

Ah said BOY, pay attention when I'm talk to you, son! I keep pitchin' 'em, and you keep missin' 'em! There's a hole in your glove!

{Foghorn Leghorn voice OFF}

:bumpit: