Need Help on Inova X5!

UWAK

Enlightened
Guys... My X5 tailcap act strangely, can I open the tail section and do some kind of adjustment to the spring inside (if there is one)? It's a little bit hard to press it on. Anyone of you had this experience before?

I love to stay a while, but I have something important to do, so... I leave to you folks. Thank's in advance.

FRIDS

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you do anything else, you should clean the end of the barrel. The contact area for all the Inovas is very small. It's the very end of the barrel, which is the only not anodized region of the barrel. Clean this. If you have lube or other possibly nonconductive material on the thread, make sure that you clean the upper end of the thread, so that this stuff cannot be transported onto the contact end. Just dry, gentle rubbing with a paper towel works for me. Additionally, you could use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol. That you could also use to clean the contact disc inside the tailcap.

I have found that this removes a lot of problems, like flickering and very hard to operate momentary switches, that I encountered with all Inovas, though the clickies of the T series are much less prone too such problems (you don't open the contact area, unless you use the lock-out).

Latest posts