Anyone have SureFire M97 on a Beretta CX4 Carbine?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for info. M97 (M971UM07) is based on the M3T.

So has anyone got one mounted on a Beretta CX4, or has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance!

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
it's a lot of light for a smaller carbine like that. I have the 962 on an SPR and it is big, the Turbo head would make it that much bigger. great for down range light but you might be better off with a 951 series....unless it is for he just cause factor, then lights away mate!!

Boltgun

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
It would be pretty impressive, but like Boltgun said, it kind of out-throws what you'd most likely want a 9mm carbine for.

Granted, you can due relatively useful work out to 100 yards with a 9mm carbine, but that's more for how far you can push it when you have to. If you know in advance you're likely to take a shot at anything @ 100 yards, you should be grabbing something other than a CX4, and a light with longer reach should be matched with a longer round, IMO.

Since full auto is not a factor other than to collectors and LEO/Military these days, I see the pistol caliber carbines existing to fill the niche for spaces and distances where full blown rifle balistics are overkill, but you want to add on the benifits of a two hand + shoulder stock hold a rifle has over a handgun for control and accuracy.

I would mate the CX4 with something a bit smaller that works well at room distances, or perhaps "backyard" distances. (Assuming your "backyard" is average/suburban in size, and not 1000 acres)

However, as Boltgun also said, if you're just dressing up your favorite plinker with high-end accessories for fun, go for it! It's not like it's welded onto that CX4, you can allways put the m97 on something with a longer reach later if you desire.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not the one putting it on a CX4, but I do know that the reasoning behind it is to have so much light that is just absolutely overpowering.

Another reason is that the LOLA in the M97 puts out roughly the same output as the HOLA in the M95, but with 3x runtime.

Besides, it's gonna look so cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: Anyone have SureFire M97 on a Beretta CX4 Carb

Why not the M96 then? Same light output as the M97 - smaller, lighter bezel with a beam better for closer range.

Al

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Al,

Personally, that would be my choice. I may suggest it to him. The MN11 LA is one of the absolute toughest LA's too.

Something I just realized... the M97 is almost as much as a new CX4! -- WOOF!

UVvis

Enlightened

In the dark at night the M95 with a P60 is overpowering. The M96 will probably make you look away if you are shining it at something unless your house interior is painted matte black. Better for an urban area with more lighting though.